Dear Designers

HoneyBear Lovely

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 1/20/2020 at 1:22 PM, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

That kind of dress, yes. With a few exceptions, the ones I come across tend to be a good bit shorter and have a lot more of the breasts exposed. Speaking for myself (and to some extent for a friend), I like dresses which are long enough to cover my buttocks at least. A bit longer would be better but above knee is fine. Something I would have been comfortable wearing in public when I was younger.

Recently, I'm seeing cropped sweaters which don't show under-boob. Always having my belly on display would get old, but it's better than the old style of cropped sweater which stopped not far below the nipples. I understand how crop tops avoid mesh clipping, which makes them a useful style.

Each of my avs has an alright enough pair of jeans, more isn't a priority. Skin-tight, ripped jeans, leggings, those aren't necessarily *****, but they aren't really my thing. Tried on a pair of skin tight ones recently that I liked the waist on, it was higher and no butt crack, but the legs were so tight you might as well be wearing system. I'm not clever enough fashion-wise to find a top which suits that kind of silhouette. Especially when I'd rather not have as much breast on display as the norm in tops has been since fitted mesh for mesh bodies caught on.

Any suggestions on flat shoes? My plan to make some for myself hasn't come to pass because of poor health.

And to those giving advice, please be kind. I'm not stupid but my health is lousy enough that every minute I spend shopping is less time and energy I have for friends. I am truly not up to devoting hours to it and my "girl stuff" skills are as lacking in SL as they are in RL.

I'll look through the stores suggested. Thank you to those who took the time. Not a fan of Blueberry though, the fabrics on the solid-coloured singles tend to be a bit bland and the fatpacks to get the patterned ones are more than I can really justify given my limited income.

The thing about shopping for clothes in SL is it’s seasonal. This is actually a good time to find things that would cover more. So you’re going to find more jeans, pants, sweaters, longer dresses.

That leaves one problem. Footwear. Sandals are going to be harder to find because they’re not in season. It would be like shopping for a bikini now. Sure you can find them, it would just be better to shop in main stores. It’s one of the reasons I was saying sometimes it’s better to shop in a store’s main store instead of events. There’s a wider variety in main stores.

There’s always good places that sell nice sandals. Some of the ones I like are: Gos, Hucci, Reign, Empire, Tetra. There’s a lot of other stores, it’s just harder to remember when I’m not logged into SL. Which is usually the case when I’m on the forums. Try those.

On 1/20/2020 at 1:22 PM, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

That kind of dress, yes. With a few exceptions, the ones I come across tend to be a good bit shorter and have a lot more of the breasts exposed. Speaking for myself (and to some extent for a friend), I like dresses which are long enough to cover my buttocks at least. A bit longer would be better but above knee is fine. Something I would have been comfortable wearing in public when I was younger.

Recently, I'm seeing cropped sweaters which don't show under-boob. Always having my belly on display would get old, but it's better than the old style of cropped sweater which stopped not far below the nipples. I understand how crop tops avoid mesh clipping, which makes them a useful style.

Each of my avs has an alright enough pair of jeans, more isn't a priority. Skin-tight, ripped jeans, leggings, those aren't necessarily *****, but they aren't really my thing. Tried on a pair of skin tight ones recently that I liked the waist on, it was higher and no butt crack, but the legs were so tight you might as well be wearing system. I'm not clever enough fashion-wise to find a top which suits that kind of silhouette. Especially when I'd rather not have as much breast on display as the norm in tops has been since fitted mesh for mesh bodies caught on.

Any suggestions on flat shoes? My plan to make some for myself hasn't come to pass because of poor health.

And to those giving advice, please be kind. I'm not stupid but my health is lousy enough that every minute I spend shopping is less time and energy I have for friends. I am truly not up to devoting hours to it and my "girl stuff" skills are as lacking in SL as they are in RL.

I'll look through the stores suggested. Thank you to those who took the time. Not a fan of Blueberry though, the fabrics on the solid-coloured singles tend to be a bit bland and the fatpacks to get the patterned ones are more than I can really justify given my limited income.

I don't know if you've ever been to Neve but they have some of the things you are looking for. One thing they do (it might just be on the newer items) is have waistbands, belt loops, pockets etc turn on and off to avoid clipping. They also have jeans and pants that have different cuts - like loose fit or boyfriend style. 

https://gyazo.com/33ae5f7fdab315c829a03b39def7c2a0

So there is a dress you can wear as either a dress, as a long top under a crop sweater or just the crop sweater.

Here I'm wearing the dress over a pair of pants , the pants come with a sash around the waist but I turned it off.

https://gyazo.com/f1198ff336f46287143b3c7d5f0e7132

and as a cropped sweater with the sash on the pants.

Friday and Ingenue both have a decent selection of flats right now.

If you are ever looking for something message me in world and I can try and do the leg work for you. I like shopping and hunting  down things .

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for not replying here sooner. I do appreciate those who've tried, at least those who were kind. I've had a severe flare-up of neurological and visual symptoms which make it difficult for me to spend much time inworld (computer in general difficult, but things about SL make it worse). It is improving slowly, but I've had to take a bit of a rest.

Neve is at the top of my list of stores to check out. I'm not hugely keen on the extra geometry for bits that can be turned on and off though. It's just hard to break habits of trying to make my own mesh as efficent as possible.

I saw Neve at a winter event and really liked her gift. (Gifts are the best way to get my attention. Get something in my inventory and I can admire the quality and wear it around a bit, even if it's not my particular style and it's just more likely I'll go back to check out the store. Even if it's months later because of health :).) OK, past time to rest. There's probably something else to say but my brain won't tell me what. Best everyone x

• 1 month later...

I am one of those people who is frustrated by not being able to find clothes that are fairly modest and creative design. I have money to spend and would love to buy clothes more often but it has been a nightmare since the day I joined SL. I open a search window in my viewer and go to "places" tab, then I type clothes for women and get a long list of stores. So I start teleporting to each one starting at the top of the list. After visiting about 30 of them I end up with one or two items only. Most of them sell T&A clothes which is not my thing. Its hard to find stores that sell modest clothes because they are less popular. 

2 minutes ago, clone00345 said:

I am one of those people who is frustrated by not being able to find clothes that are fairly modest and creative design. I have money to spend and would love to buy clothes more often but it has been a nightmare since the day I joined SL. I open a search window in my viewer and go to "places" tab, then I type clothes for women and get a long list of stores. So I start teleporting to each one starting at the top of the list. After visiting about 30 of them I end up with one or two items only. Most of them sell T&A clothes which is not my thing. Its hard to find stores that sell modest clothes because they are less popular. 

I have clothes of all types from many different stores in SL.  Most stores sell a variety of merchandise, or clothing you can layer with a system tank or cami.  Neve has some cute stuff currently right out front that's not clubwear, or they did as recently as a few weeks ago. 

Another approach might be to go to some of the fairs and clothing events that are all over the grid now.. if you see something you like there you can always take the LM for the store and go see what else they have.  A lot of time the smaller events and Fairs will have some pretty good stuff..  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.