Dear Designers

HoneyBear Lovely

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1498 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dear Designers,

Take a look around your store. If 99% of what you're selling is "club wear" with T&A hanging out...you can trust that I won't be shopping in your store, and probably won't even be back. While it's fine for some, not everyone wants to dress like that. While I may only be one shopper, believe me, there are more of us out there than you know and collectively, it will add up.

Sign me,

A mature woman who doesn't feel the need to let it all hang out

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

Take a look around your store. If 99% of what you're selling is "club wear" with T&A hanging out

Laughs, and takes a look around her store.  Nope won't find much of that in my store..  I have a few what I call risque items but nothing "hanging out".. lol.

I am laughing because for my own mode of dress, I tend to agree with you, but I know a lot of women who love that sort of clothing, so I think there is a place for it.  After all SL is huge now, no shortage of places to shop.  I think there is room for all the diversity we want.   But having said that,  there is a place for those more revealing fashions, and not always in a club, in fact I know of several clubs that have a dress code that asks women keep those parts covered.  Just saying.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

Laughs, and takes a look around her store.  Nope won't find much of that in my store..  I have a few what I call risque items but nothing "hanging out".. lol.

I am laughing because for my own mode of dress, I tend to agree with you, but I know a lot of women who love that sort of clothing, so I think there is a place for it.  After all SL is huge now, no shortage of places to shop.  I think there is room for all the diversity we want.   But having said that,  there is a place for those more revealing fashions, and not always in a club, in fact I know of several clubs that have a dress code that asks women keep those parts covered.  Just saying.

Oh, I know there's definitely a market for it....but it's not the ONLY market. ;) Please drop me your lm in world. I'm definitely hunting for stores that offer more than the same old same old.

• Like 1

I have this problem too. I don't mind other people wearing more revealing clothes, but it just isn't me. I just go to a lot of different stores and hope there's a few more modest options. Sometimes there is, but this isn't a particularly efficient way of finding what I need. I also buy a lot of separates. I have a lot of knee length pencil skirts and they vary somewhat in their fitting and rigging, so I can usually find one of those skirts that can fit my various tops. I also sometimes use omega appliers or clothing layers (bakes on mesh) under some things like a lace tube top underneath a top that has some cleavage or tights under a shorter skirt.

• Like 5

On 11/23/2019 at 9:24 PM, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

Dear Designers,

Take a look around your store. If 99% of what you're selling is "club wear" with T&A hanging out...you can trust that I won't be shopping in your store, and probably won't even be back. While it's fine for some, not everyone wants to dress like that. While I may only be one shopper, believe me, there are more of us out there than you know and collectively, it will add up.

Sign me,

A mature woman who doesn't feel the need to let it all hang out

You mean aside from a few of your flickr posts, right? ;) 

I have some risque articles of clothing in my shop, most are full coverage.. Believe me, there are plenty of people that wear and buy T&A clothing..  I just want mens clothing that isnt either a suit or sweats.. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

You mean aside from a few of your flickr posts, right? ;) 

I have some risque articles of clothing in my shop, most are full coverage.. Believe me, there are plenty of people that wear and buy T&A clothing..  I just want mens clothing that isnt either a suit or sweats.. 

You'll find artistic photos, some nudes dated years ago, and exactly ONE that comes close to "letting it hang out" in the past 5 years. Thank you for judging. And yes, I completely acknowledge that there is a large market for T&A. I'm sure the market for clothes that actually cover someone is much smaller. But the money we spend is just as good as the T&A crowd's money. All I'm saying is if that's all someone offers, I very probably won't go back. 

On 11/25/2019 at 10:05 PM, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

You'll find artistic photos, some nudes dated years ago, and exactly ONE that comes close to "letting it hang out" in the past 5 years. Thank you for judging. And yes, I completely acknowledge that there is a large market for T&A. I'm sure the market for clothes that actually cover someone is much smaller. But the money we spend is just as good as the T&A crowd's money. All I'm saying is if that's all someone offers, I very probably won't go back. 

Easy now, i was just teasing. Not judging. 

• Like 1

Lots of teeth.

Some stores I like cater to both ends of the spectrum. Some don't.  I don't go back only if I don't like the style, quality of the textures, or if it only fits a body type I don't use for the look I am going for.

I'm glad that sl has so many creators making stuff. Lots of choice for feminine types.

I do mirror Drake, in that buying clothes for my masculine characters is an absolute pain in my ass. I do a lot of nitpicking and bouncing between stores because the majority of them don't appeal to me as an item I could wear with just any other combination of clothes.  I've had an easier time picking out eyebrows than I have clothes, which is terrifying 😂

If you don't like the style, let's see, then don't shop there? Really, no one gives a *****. Must be rocket science. You sound like one of those weirdos who thinks anyone wearing heels higher than 2 inches, showing 1 inch of cleavage, or using boob size larger than 50 is automatically a *****. Just because you like to roleplay as a 10 year old doesn't mean 99.99% of the population does.

And really, such a legit threat, one person refusing to shop at a store. I'm sure all shops will be threatened into revolving around your tastes now cause their entire livelihood depends on it. 🙄

Edited by MelodyClone1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, MelodyClone1 said:

If you don't like the style, let's see, then don't shop there? Really, no one gives a *****. Must be rocket science. You sound like one of those weirdos who thinks anyone wearing heels higher than 2 inches, showing 1 inch of cleavage, or using boob size larger than 50 is automatically a *****. Just because you like to roleplay as a 10 year old doesn't mean 99.99% of the population does.

And really, such a legit threat, one person refusing to shop at a store. I'm sure all shops will be threatened into revolving around your tastes now cause their entire livelihood depends on it.

Wow that is really sarcastic, and mean and totally uncalled for.. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MelodyClone1 said:

And really, such a legit threat, one person refusing to shop at a store. I'm sure all shops will be threatened into revolving around your tastes now cause their entire livelihood depends on it. 🙄

coffee.jpg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

Wow that is really sarcastic, and mean and totally uncalled for.. 

She has a point, I am sure there is something we all are not interested in, should we all start threads threatening to not shop in places that sell them?

9 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

She has a point, I am sure there is something we all are not interested in, should we all start threads threatening to not shop in places that sell them?

Sure! Negative reviews via posts is still advertising..some of us would love clubwear with our T&A hangin' out, or you could call it "Wal-Mart Wear".

• Like 1

It is so many stores with clothes that could be worn at work in RL, or as casual RL wear. Plus all the modesty tops that can be worn to cover a nude belly. I am shopping in Blueberry , and I don't like the tops. I buy the jeans, and find more modest tops elsewhere. No problems.

COCO has a lot of both. And Neve. I could find more, but I am sure there is threads about it on the forum.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2019 at 4:35 PM, MelodyClone1 said:

LOL...boy, do you have it wrong. I don't give af how you or anyone else dresses. I was simply reminding designers that there is more to fashion life than T&A. And that conservative little picture you had going there....incorrect. 

Edited by HoneyBear Lilliehook
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

And that conservative little picture you had going there....incorrect. 

Aww you edited the best part of that out..  saw it in my email but when I got here it was gone.  Anyhow I did see it and thank you for my evening laugh.. I thought it was hillarious.

• Like 1

@HoneyBear Lilliehook, totally agree on the club point. We women have been fighting so other could understand one does not have to reveal 99% of the body to be sexy, or wear heels to the office as if we were assistant in the 50s.

However, in the late years, I've seen many many designers creating RL outfits, sexy, femenine and COMFORT to wear. As it's been mentioned, COCO has great outfit, I also love Aleutia, Petite Mort, Faida, C'est la vie, Valentina... 

Club-outfit-stores are always going to be there, since there are still many who enjoy wearing like that. What matters is that others who don't have options, and we have., why visit the rest? 

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 2

If you don't like a product offered by a creator, don't buy it. People have different sense of fashion and preferences, not everything is made to appeal to everyone. If you don't want to buy something from a creator because they also sell a pair of low-riding trousers with a lacy thong, fair do's - but to expect that anyone cares about your reason is just juvenile, to be honest. You want creators to stop making things that other people enjoy, and only make things that you want? Grow up.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Orwar said:

If you don't like a product offered by a creator, don't buy it. People have different sense of fashion and preferences, not everything is made to appeal to everyone. If you don't want to buy something from a creator because they also sell a pair of low-riding trousers with a lacy thong, fair do's - but to expect that anyone cares about your reason is just juvenile, to be honest. You want creators to stop making things that other people enjoy, and only make things that you want? Grow up.

That is not at all what I said. Read it again. Slowly this time, and don't make assumptions. 

On 11/24/2019 at 3:24 AM, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

If 99% of what you're selling is "club wear" with T&A hanging out...you can trust that I won't be shopping in your store, and probably won't even be back.

Hm ..

On 11/24/2019 at 3:24 AM, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

While I may only be one shopper, believe me, there are more of us out there than you know and collectively, it will add up.

... Yes. How exactly did you feel that my assessment of what you wrote was inaccurate?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1498 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.