I can not move at all from any of the viewers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

when you say windows machine, is this Windows using the same internet connection as your Mac

if it is then is something wonky with your Mac

if it isn't then it could be something to do with your internet connection. If so then try the usual. Switch off router, wait a few minutes and then turn it back.  When that doesn't change anything and you can log in to SL then try logging in to a different region and see how that goes

if is a wonky Mac then it might have something to do with the Dullahan thingy. Have a read about this here:

5 hours ago, somazT said:

I am  using Mac os catlina. I have noticed that in windows machine i am able to move using firestorm using arrow keys. 

Please help.

It sounds like hardware... if your keyboard working in other apps? Have you tried the WASD Keyes to move? Do you have the chat box open when you try to move?

What are you doing and what is happening. Describe what you are doing, what you expect to happen and what is happening. Help us help you. Based on all that you have given (which is practically nothing):

1) Your chat box is open and you have settings set to moved the curser, rather than move your avatar. Try clicking on the floor then move.

2) Your hardware is on the blink (or needs to be recharged).

I run SL on Catalina just find with LL and Firestorm viewers with zero issues at all.

And DO NOT follow the instructions in the Dullahan thread. Ever. You will break your viewer.

Edited by Alyona Su

5 hours ago, Mollymews said:

if is a wonky Mac then it might have something to do with the Dullahan thingy. Have a read about this here:

The Dullahan thing *only* affects http calls in the viewer (all media outside SL) and that's it. It doesn't;t have anything to do with other functions of the viewer. I went through that thread, tried it, and all It did was break the viewer in all things media-related. I would even recommend LL lock and block that thread because it could get a lot of people into trouble unless they are techno-nerd. //JustSaying LOL

• Thanks 1

There is a rare (now rare, once common) problem where you cannot move or TP. This usually happens at login. It is caused by the region failing to connect properly to the SL backend after a restart. Logging into a different region is the test for the problem. It has nothing to do with you, your computer or connection. 

So, test for this problem first when you are sure move lock is off.

• Like 1

"Not responding to arrow keys" can happen after a failed region crossing where you were pulled off a vehicle. Don't think you're experiencing that, since you haven't mentioned vehicles.

Is your cursor over the main window? If it's over some dialog box or menu, the arrow keys don't move the avatar.

• Like 1

Unfortunately my cursor over main window. and oddly after i  login i  do a  first TP from that location it works fine from there. I am  able to move myself. Move lock was off all the rime.

Edited by somazT

7 hours ago, animats said:

"Not responding to arrow keys" can happen after a failed region crossing where you were pulled off a vehicle. Don't think you're experiencing that, since you haven't mentioned vehicles.

Is your cursor over the main window? If it's over some dialog box or menu, the arrow keys don't move the avatar.

17 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

There is a rare (now rare, once common) problem where you cannot move or TP. This usually happens at login. It is caused by the region failing to connect properly to the SL backend after a restart. Logging into a different region is the test for the problem. It has nothing to do with you, your computer or connection. 

So, test for this problem first when you are sure move lock is off.

Unfortunately my cursor over main window. and oddly after i  login i  do a  first TP from that location it works fine from there. I am  able to move myself. Move lock was off all the rime.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.