Can we get a “trash” button?

cheesecurd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On many xenforo forums the reply or thread creation box has a “trash” button which lets you delete everything in the box after a confirmation dialogue.

A problem I’m having on the mobile site is that spam pressing my backspace key is the only way to clear out text because the “select all” highlighting option doesn’t work for some reason, and that still doesn’t delete quotes. So I have to refresh the page and click the little “clear editor” text that shows up after you reload the cached message in the reply box.

950D4DCB-B46C-492B-8F14-4550C85F3F72.thumb.png.b05bd04c1cdd3216c9d8e9c44677aa9c.png

1EB0281E-A85C-483A-9C7E-D1A22729A62A.jpeg.abedd0cbc8763d24328530ebedd29464.jpeg

When you have been composing a reply to a post and close the editor before posting, what you have been writing is saved. When you next attempt to write a reply elsewhere in that same thread, your saved version appears, like so:

"Blah blah blah, give me cupcakes with bacon in them, blah."

Capture1.jpg.5a8824c6f992bfb5fc992c7b26aad289.jpg

The "Clear editor" link allows you to delete the old saved version of a previously interrupted reply.

It sounds as though @cheesecurd would like some version of that "Clear editor" link to be available while composing any post, in any thread, especially while making posts with one or more quotes in them.

I like this idea as well.

Edited by Ivanova Shostakovich

bit more of an explanation using another site

ltt.png.dc5ea5eaaa4f80eb7631e10c67ef89e6.png

to restate the problem, on mobile you cannot backspace your way through a quoted reply to delete it in the editor

so something like this to delete everything without having to refresh the page in order to get the "clear editor" text to delete the comment would be useful

On 11/22/2019 at 11:47 PM, sirhc DeSantis said:

Sorry, I am an old so do not understand the context but I do like the idea of a 'Trash' button. I think ' delete everything in the box after a confirmation dialogue' is a great idea. Many things I have written could do with that. (retro hits button)

I like this, would be better to have that choice. For example a club or what ever shuts down, their posts no longer relevant, should be able to delete a comment/post all together. People usually end up writing in the title please delete. 

- I know some might reply "this belongs to public now" heard it before. However, there are other forums take redit as an example, which enable this. 

Edited by AnonymousConcern

19 hours ago, AnonymousConcern said:

should be able to delete a comment/post all together. People usually end up writing in the title please delete. 

This would apply to only comments or posts currently being typed out. It would just delete everything in the comment box, not post deletion.

Post deletion features are a different matter.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.