what causes this?

Talligurl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recently i have been seeing people who look like this,  is it just me that sees this, is  there something  i need to do if i want to see them normally. Or are they doing something wrong.

what_001.png

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yep, go grab the latest version of whatever viewer you use and see if installing that fixes the issue.  The SL viewer and Firestorm are definitely updated for Bakes on Mesh and I'm pretty sure Catznip is also.  I've not a clue about the others though.

The current Kokua viewer viewer also shows Bakes on Mesh correctly.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

The current Kokua viewer viewer also shows Bakes on Mesh correctly.

Second Life Viewer (LL Official), Firestorm, Catznip, Kokua are all BoM-ready viewers. I'm not sure about Singularity and Black Dragon, though I imagine by now that they are and if not, then very soon.

13 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Second Life Viewer (LL Official), Firestorm, Catznip, Kokua are all BoM-ready viewers. I'm not sure about Singularity and Black Dragon, though I imagine by now that they are and if not, then very soon.

Black Dragon is BOM (has been since the release week)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CandyCole said:

When all I see is messy BoM avatars and I'm the last one standing, that's when I'll upgrade my viewer.

I don't care what other people look like. Second Life is all about me, as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, good. Then i can block and derender you. No need to waste screen space and computing power. 😎

49 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Tell the Swedes.

image.png.8401917c8a749bfd600b90ec89a150f6.png

As a graphic designer in RL, I can say that Blue and Yellow are actually complimentary colors on the color wheel. Black and Orange not so much (why it is used for Halloween Theme colors) But if you want to offend, put primary blue and primary green together.LOL

Edited by Alyona Su

Since the OP's question is well and truly answered I suppose it's safe to go off on a tangent.

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

But if you want to offend, put primary blue and primary green together.LOL

image.png.f361ae7587e687e6347ee26850c6fb39.png

I couldn't resist adding a bit of yellow. Hopefully it's still offensive enough.

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

As a graphic designer in RL, I can say that Blue and Yellow are actually complimentary colors on the color wheel

Why are they complimentary colors? I know Goethe said they were but did he know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about colors? Actually I think my art masterpiece explains it in this particular case: a yellow sun on a blue sky means lovely weather so we associate it with something positive.

Color preferences and even color perception are far more subjective, cultural and personal than we usually recognise. I could write the longest rant in the forums' history about it, mixing physics (how the color mixes we get from the primary colors do not in any way relate to the wavelength the same colors have in the rainbow), history (Homer's bronze colored sea and poor King Harald Bluetooth who earned his nickname from his black teeth) and antropology (research showing how people from different cultures have different "color sets" - that is which colors they can distinguish between). And of course I could illistrate it all with a gazillion optical illusion examples.

I won't though, I'll behave this time.

But think of how much time and effort children spend on learnign about colors. And think of how your own color perception has changed over the years - all those outfits you were happy to wear as a teenagers but wouldn't be caught dead in now.

And oh well, one optical illusion, just for fun.

Edited by ChinRey

13 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Why are they complimentary colors?

I'll give you this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complementary_colors :D

In graphic design we have a tool called a color-wheel then helps to define the best color combinations and helps to "inject" a mood into the viewer. The most common being Red=stop and pay attention and green is go forward confidently - and this is long before traffic lights existed.

BUT, I'm sure you had no intention to create a debate, etc. about colors. So I guess our comments on it are more for FYI to others. LOL

As for the thread in general, I believe the best answers have been given. Now that BoM has been out for a while and most, if not all viewers now support it, I have finally started using it myself and I love it. Now going to dig up all those old system-layer outfits I've loved and start experimenting!

Edited by Alyona Su

39 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

BUT, I'm sure you had no intention to create a debate, etc. about colors. So I guess our comments on it are more for FYI to others. LOL

Oh, my intention was very much to create deabte. ^_^

I don't have the definite answer and nor does anybody else but discussing the topic should help us all gain a deeper understanding of it.

39 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

In graphic design we have a tool called a color-wheel then helps to define the best color combinations and helps to "inject" a mood into the viewer. The most common being Red=stop and pay attention and green is go forward confidently - and this is long before traffic lights existed.

Interestingly, the color wheel and the red/green/yellow signal scheme are almost exactly the same age.

The color wheel was invented by Goethe who published his color theory in 1810. The English translation didn't appear until 1840 though. The red, green and yellow signal color shceme was first used by railroad companies during the 1830s.

Edited by ChinRey

1 hour ago, ChinRey said:

Oh, my intention was very much to create deabte

Then I WIN! That's my story and I'm sticking to it :P LOL I'm more of a pastels type person than primary colors. There's something "soft-feeling" about them that I enjoy; like talcum powder-ie-ish. :D

Edited by Alyona Su

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.