Jump to content
KaOrIn92

Avatar gets pulled by invisible force

Recommended Posts

Hi,

i have a little problem with my Avatar.

after teleporting to some random place i sometimes get pulled by something.

when that happens i fly about 3m above ground and i can't do anything about it.

or when i teleport back to my own land i get pulled to some point and can't move away .

would be great if someone knows the reason for that and can help.

2019-11-22_18-46-36.gif.3bc094645d520865623ea72331286933.gif

thanks

Edited by KaOrIn92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell us where, and someone will probably go and try it.

Some busy sims have something to move you off the arrival point to prevent traffic jams.

Is there some big invisible object where you're landing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i can't remember the place i flyed  above ground but the place in the gif is my parcel 

Kirkness 46, 199, 61 

18+ only please

and i don't know if it happens to others

Edited by KaOrIn92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

after some testing it looks like it's a problem with my avatar.

but i have no idea what it could be .

was told it could be something with my scripts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KaOrIn92 said:

after some testing it looks like it's a problem with my avatar.

but i have no idea what it could be .

was told it could be something with my scripts.

Right. I went to see, and it didn't affect me. It didn't affect her in a different avatar. We went to a store landing point where that was happening. That sim has no experiences. Nothing unusual at the arrival point. She turned off RLV, and that didn't help. Somewhere she may have acquired a script that keeps bouncing her into fly mode. At the store, she TPs in, appears at the proper TP arrival point, and zooms up about 150m.

She has a very graceful flying animation, not a common one, so it might be an AO which is confused about when to fly. Or a griefing object. Anyone recognize this situation?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who has experienced that kind of "tugging," it looks as if something has grabbed the OP's collar's leash. If the OP is not using RLV nor wearing some sort of leashing attachment, then I do not know. Some collars or control implants have a "follow" mode which acts like a leash animation except it does not draw chains or leashes. Again, though, if the OP is not wearing anything of that sort I cannot explain the motion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DilliDallagio said:

As someone who has experienced that kind of "tugging," it looks as if something has grabbed the OP's collar's leash. If the OP is not using RLV nor wearing some sort of leashing attachment, then I do not know. Some collars or control implants have a "follow" mode which acts like a leash animation except it does not draw chains or leashes. Again, though, if the OP is not wearing anything of that sort I cannot explain the motion.

Nobody else around, RLV off. Not a leash-type move. Flying. It's like something set the hover height to some huge value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KaOrIn92 said:

Hi,

i have a little problem with my Avatar.

after teleporting to some random place i sometimes get pulled by something.

when that happens i fly about 3m above ground and i can't do anything about it.

or when i teleport back to my own land i get pulled to some point and can't move away .

would be great if someone knows the reason for that and can help.

2019-11-22_18-46-36.gif.3bc094645d520865623ea72331286933.gif

thanks

I know this can be done by a scripted object because I used one for Halloween: walk to within the pulling distance (I had mine set to 10 meters around a coffin) and the script can pull you toward it. It's not a push, so it does not require RLV; it works on any avatar and even on Linden Homes land, which has pushing turned off at the region level.

NOW... with that said, and based on your description, it would *seem* that is what's going on. Except the puller object must be attached to you somehow, or... or... something.

I'll not make any suggestion as to what it is, or how you could fix it. But I will say that if this were me, this is how I'd troubleshoot this issue:

Change into one of the freebie Linden avatars that are available - it doesn't matter which, any will do. By doing this, you are completely removing everything from yourself, even the shape you are wearing. What you will have is a sterile, shiny new avatar with nothing at all sneaking onto you. Then go back to the places where this has happened. If it doesn't;t happen, then slowly switch back to my everyday avatar, starting with the shape and skin and the rest, but not the mesh body... yet. No other attachments.

Try again. Still good to go? Now add mesh body and head and something simple (bikini, maybe?) - try again.

This way - I would learn if the problem is the places I had visited or if it was something on my avatar that was causing it. By checking after each attachment or few then I may be able to find out what's causing it.

Edited by Alyona Su

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, KaOrIn92 said:

alright  looks like a script in my collar works even when rlv is off

thanks everyone i finally got it

Yay! I had a sneaky suspicion about that (because that script function doesn't need RLV LOL)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...