How to add funds to Tilia for premium fees?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I hate to add yet another thread about Tilia, but I've just spent a long time searching the knowledge base and googling, to no avail.

I never process credit so I have assumed I didn't need to go through the Tilia who-am-I process.

My premium renewal falls due in about a week. I want to add enough US$ to the account so it is there ready and waiting. Only, I can't find any details to put into my Paypal account to send such money.

Previously I have waited until the "there is a problem with your account" warning and from there, gone to the US$ account, got the requisite payee details, gone to Paypal, entered them, and all has proceeded smoothly.

Do I have to wait yet again until I'm past due and get the warning message to then be able to set up Paypal to make the transfer?

The billing help page I studied does not mention any other payee except SecondLife, do I need to somehow add the new name or will the SecondLife Payee still operate?

What have other premium members who like me never process credit and just pay for services done?

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku

22 minutes ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

I hate to add yet another thread about Tilia, but I've just spent a long time searching the knowledge base and googling, to no avail.

I never process credit so I have assumed I didn't need to go through the Tilia who-am-I process.

My premium renewal falls due in about a week. I want to add enough US$ to the account so it is there ready and waiting. Only, I can't find any details to put into my Paypal account to send such money.

Previously I have waited until the "there is a problem with your account" warning and from there, gone to the US$ account, got the requisite payee details, gone to Paypal, entered them, and all has proceeded smoothly.

Do I have to wait yet again until I'm past due and get the warning message to then be able to set up Paypal to make the transfer?

The billing help page I studied does not mention any other payee except SecondLife, do I need to somehow add the new name or will the SecondLife Payee still operate?

What have other premium members who like me never process credit and just pay for services done?

There is no longer any way for you to add a US$ balance from out-world financial instruments.  That change predates Tilia.  There's also no way to prepay your renewal, generally speaking, though earlier in the year prepaying was enabled as a special promotion. 

The only way to get a US$ balance is to sell L$ on the exchange.  Once you have a US$ balance, you'll have to agree to the Tila terms and conditions.  

The system is designed for people who leave payment info on file.  If you don't want to leave payment info on file for more than a few seconds a year while you renew, that's not a Tila issue. 

You don't HAVE to have money in your $USD Balance to pay for your Premium membership.  All you need is a valid payment method on file.  When your Premium membership is due for renewal, LL will first look in your $USD Balance.  If the balance there is not enough to cover the charge, they'll bill the remainder to your payment method.

However, if you WANT to cover the entire bill through your $USD Balance, you can.  There are two ways to do that.

1.  Simply sell some $L on the LindEx.  The proceeds go to your SUSD Balance.  Oh, you don't have enough $L to do that?  OK, no problem...

2.  Set up a Best Rate (Limit Buy) for enough $L to cover your Premium dues.  Let's say you want a yearly plan at $99.00 USD.  Make it $110.00 worth of $L, just to be safe.  But, and here is the important trick...set the exchange rate that you are offering at a figure so high that the order won't be filled.  Say, for example, $L 500 per $1 USD.  Place the order.  The $110.00 will be taken from your PayPal or credit card immediately.  Once you are sure that this transaction has gone through, then go back to My Account > LindEx > Manage, open My $L Order History, and find your open limit buy order.  Now, cancel the order.  The money will instantly go to your $USD Balance.

Problem solved!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You don't HAVE to have money in your $USD Balance to pay for your Premium membership.  All you need is a valid payment method on file.  When your Premium membership is due for renewal, LL will first look in your $USD Balance.  If the balance there is not enough to cover the charge, they'll bill the remainder to your payment method.

However, if you WANT to cover the entire bill through your $USD Balance, you can.  There are two ways to do that.

1.  Simply sell some $L on the LindEx.  The proceeds go to your SUSD Balance.  Oh, you don't have enough $L to do that?  OK, no problem...

2.  Set up a Best Rate (Limit Buy) for enough $L to cover your Premium dues.  Let's say you want a yearly plan at $99.00 USD.  Make it $110.00 worth of $L, just to be safe.  But, and here is the important trick...set the exchange rate that you are offering at a figure so high that the order won't be filled.  Say, for example, $L 500 per $1 USD.  Place the order.  The $110.00 will be taken from your PayPal or credit card immediately.  Once you are sure that this transaction has gone through, then go back to My Account > LindEx > Manage, open My $L Order History, and find your open limit buy order.  Now, cancel the order.  The money will instantly go to your $USD Balance.

Problem solved!

Once you have a US $ balance, you have to agree to the Tilia terms and conditions. 

Edited by Erwin Solo

One thing I spotted in Jeremy Linden's page was that the Paypal balance on which the drawing for premium fees will be made must be in US$, the attempt will fail otherwise. I've transferred enough to Paypal, converted the funds and will wait until the due date.

I am hoping that if the draw on the Paypal account is successful, my US$ balance will still be 0, as it is now, and so I will not need to agree to the Tilia T&C.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.