Premium Membership Land instead of home, option

YeonaV

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I saw a youtube on this subject, stating that one could qualify for land instead of accepting the premium home, and just put their own house on it, and pay for whatever land impact or prim allowances, or what have you, are over the allocated amount. How do I do this?  How does it work?

Premium comes with 1024m of land tier.

With that you can buy 1024m of land or get a linden home.

Old linden homes use up 512m meaning you still have 512 left to go buy land. New camper style homes also use 512m. The houseboat and 'traditional' home styles use 1024m so take up the full premium allotment.

To buy land you open the map and enable the option to see land for sale, find a parcel you like, and buy it. You can also buy in the auction system. Land varies dramaticly in price. People who own land can choose what to sell it for, so do a lot of research to find the desired spot for a price you can accept before jumping in.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, YeonaV said:

and pay for whatever land impact or prim allowances

You do not pay for land impact or prim allowance. How much prims fit on a piece of land is strictly related to its size. There is no way to decrease or increase that volume. Want more prims --> buy more land. And if those extra prims should be in the same spot (because for example, you placed a fancy mansion, but ran out of ressources to place some bathroom furniture) you should buy land next to you and join the parcels together, creating one bigger piece of land.

When you are premium member you have 1024m² land tier free to use. Everything above that will create additional charges for that portion of land.

The cheapest way of getting land is buying abandoned land. But that usually requires a ticket to LL, patiance and of course LL goodwill, although they usually cut you a piece, if your request is resonable (according to my experiance, I currently own former abandoned land).

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

There is one small caveat to the 1024 allotment in that you get a 10% group allowance increasing your premium allotment to a whopping 1126 applicable to mainland parcels. Of course more premium accounts can add to that number 1024 +1024 + 10% bonus etc, for a bigger parcel.

• Like 2

On 11/22/2019 at 8:29 PM, ArgontheDevil Ormega said:

There is good cheap land to be had if you take the time to look for it and you don't have to put up with a covenant once you have it.  The best way is open the map, click land for sale and then go look at the parcel you are interested in.

I think the best way is to travel around the mainland a little bit, look for abandoned land, and buy it directly from LL for super crazy cheap rather than paying inflated prices to a middle man. 

• Like 3

If you're new to buying land, there is a very good class about buying and renting land offered at Caledon Oxbridge University in-world Saturdays at noon time SLT.  It is a free class, and I would suggest taking that class before making any purchases.  The class covers things such as differences between mainland and estates, buying versus renting, how to find land that is for sale and things to look out for when looking at a parcel for sale.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2019 at 3:41 AM, Pussycat Catnap said:

Premium comes with 1024m of land tier.

With that you can buy 1024m of land or get a linden home.

Old linden homes use up 512m meaning you still have 512 left to go buy land. New camper style homes also use 512m. The houseboat and 'traditional' home styles use 1024m so take up the full premium allotment.

To buy land you open the map and enable the option to see land for sale, find a parcel you like, and buy it. You can also buy in the auction system. Land varies dramaticly in price. People who own land can choose what to sell it for, so do a lot of research to find the desired spot for a price you can accept before jumping in.

Hello PussyCat Catnap,  I am hoping you might be able to provide me with some insight on how a premium member goes about obtaining one of the NEW LL Homes.  I became a premium member a few months ago and I didn't see any of new models in the options. I'm living in one of the older homes but really would like to move into one of the NEW models.  Any advice or support would be greatly appreciated.

52 minutes ago, SamayaRose said:

Hello PussyCat Catnap,  I am hoping you might be able to provide me with some insight on how a premium member goes about obtaining one of the NEW LL Homes.  I became a premium member a few months ago and I didn't see any of new models in the options.

Take a look here:

And watch the discussion here:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SamayaRose said:

Hello PussyCat Catnap,  I am hoping you might be able to provide me with some insight on how a premium member goes about obtaining one of the NEW LL Homes.  I became a premium member a few months ago and I didn't see any of new models in the options. I'm living in one of the older homes but really would like to move into one of the NEW models.  Any advice or support would be greatly appreciated.

till about a week ago there were constant new homes available .. that lasted since the big release around christmas. Also now there are available homes on regular basis when there are daily releases an of course the abandoned ones. Even in the bit rarer availabity, many people, with and without refreshers are able to catch homes in several types.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.