Using Space Navigator to Move Objects

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For a long time now I have used Space Navigator SN) for camera and flying. However now I want to learn to use it move objects. I have studied the Torley videos. However when Torley edits an object he seems to be able to MOVE objects. All I can do is control the camera with SN or move myself (choosing between the two by clicking the side button on the SN). What do I have to change so that SN is in build mode and will move the object?

I have no idea how Space Navigator works, but you normally enter Edit mode by either (1) Right clicking on an object and selecting EDIT or (2) clicking the Build icon on your viewer's lower task bar or (3) typing CTRL + 3.  Once your edit panel is open, you can use its own buttons to choose whether to move or modify an existing object or to rez a new one.  I suspect that any of those options is still available to you if you are using Space Navigator instead of a standard mouse.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2019 at 3:17 PM, Yankee Lioncourt said:

For a long time now I have used Space Navigator SN) for camera and flying. However now I want to learn to use it move objects. I have studied the Torley videos. However when Torley edits an object he seems to be able to MOVE objects. All I can do is control the camera with SN or move myself (choosing between the two by clicking the side button on the SN). What do I have to change so that SN is in build mode and will move the object?

Yeah, hard to get by without a Space Navigator for large projects.  I've used one for years also.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.