Jump to content
Garnet Psaltery

Last names nearly here - and more. Yay!

Recommended Posts

On 1/27/2020 at 12:24 AM, Chic Aeon said:

I was wondering how long it had been since last names were announced as returning. This may have not been the first post on the subject but it is certainly the one most people remember. Fifteen for Fifteen :D.    Hopefully name change options will appear by the second anniversary  of this announcement.  BOM did finally make it!

 

 

I remember!

15-5.gif

15 exciting improvements and features that make Second Life better than ever in  ̶2̶0̶1̶8̶ ,  ̶2̶0̶1̶9̶  , 2020 or beyond!

Edited by MichaMoz
felt like it
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Syo Emerald said:

I mean... they sure get it done within the next ten years, right?

right after  when TMP will start have support

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi folks!  

Just a quick update to let you know we have not yet selected the winning names.  At the end of the contest we had over 2500 submissions, most with 3 name suggestions.  Our eyes are crossing going through those names, but going through it we are and there are some great name submissions!  Very soon, I'll be able to contact the winners and then share with you all the first 5 new last names.  As far as the name changing process goes, we are frantically (but carefully!) working through the process.  I appreciate everyone's patience as we work hard to get this feature rolled out.   😊

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Keira Linden said:

... we had over 2500 submissions, most with 3 name suggestions.  Our eyes are crossing going through those names ...

Pick minnnnne ! They all begin with a Q save ya some searching x

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Keira Linden said:

As far as the name changing process goes, we are frantically (but carefully!) working through the process.  I appreciate everyone's patience as we work hard to get this feature rolled out.   😊

Based on some RC release notes for tomorrow, it appears there's been much recent progress on parts of this feature affecting sims and scripts. (Hat tip to @LoganPryor who posted about it in the weekly Deployment Plan thread.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Keira Linden said:

Very soon, I'll be able to contact the winners and then share with you all the first 5 new last names.  

Wait... will there be only 5 to choose from at any one time? Or will the list be bigger in the future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

Wait... will there be only 5 to choose from at any one time?

where you read that? ... For me it only says they will show the first 5 new names

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

where you read that? ... For me it only says they will show the first 5 new names

We don't know if Kiera meant "the first 5 names out of the first batch" or "the first batch of 5 names".  Unless you know of a quote from a Linden elsewhere that specifies how many names there will be per batch (and if so could you please provide a link).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fairly certain that by 'the first five' she just means that the 5 winning names will be announced. I read somewhere that there would be 30 surnames to choose from at any one time, but that they would keep changing. Sorry but I can't remember where I read that. And though I think it was at least semi-official, it could change because they are still in the process of putting all this together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matty Luminos said:

 (and if so could you please provide a link).

ehm .. you come with a assuption and i should provide a link?

i only said i read it different than you did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Based on some RC release notes for tomorrow, it appears there's been much recent progress on parts of this feature affecting sims and scripts. (Hat tip to @LoganPryor who posted about it in the weekly Deployment Plan thread.)

Indeed there has been!  There has been quite a lot of backend work needed before we can roll this out.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

Wait... will there be only 5 to choose from at any one time? Or will the list be bigger in the future?

There will definitely be more to choose from.  The first 5 will be the ones chosen from the contest submissions.  😉

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Keira Linden said:

Hi folks!  

Just a quick update to let you know we have not yet selected the winning names.  At the end of the contest we had over 2500 submissions, most with 3 name suggestions.  Our eyes are crossing going through those names, but going through it we are and there are some great name submissions!  Very soon, I'll be able to contact the winners and then share with you all the first 5 new last names.  As far as the name changing process goes, we are frantically (but carefully!) working through the process.  I appreciate everyone's patience as we work hard to get this feature rolled out.   😊

So excited, thank you for the update! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CassieMorgana said:

Is it going to be $39.99 to change the name plus a Premium Membership?

other way round... first premium :)

Edited by Alwin Alcott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CassieMorgana said:

I knew I had to be a premium member FIRST...just curious if it's going to be an additional $39.99 to change the name

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CassieMorgana said:

I knew I had to be a premium member FIRST...just curious if it's going to be an additional $39.99 to change the name

[Rant on] 😡

Uff... I dislike prices like that $39.99. That kind of price is just a means to try to convince our brain that it is nowhere near $40.00 🤪

When I see something like $1999,99 for example, I go totally mad! ☹️

[Rant off] 😉
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have talked to those who joined back in the days when last names were part of the process of creating an account. I am told that only a very limited number of names were available at any one time, and over time these names were changed. For example, one week may offer only Smith, Doe, Brown, Green, and White. The next week might offer only Purple, Orange, Molasses, Lamp, and Cheese.

 

Under these circumstances, if you did not want one of these last names, you had to abort the sign-up process and try again another day (week, month, or however the names were changed). 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...