Last names nearly here - and more. Yay!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The only highlights of that post were the last name contest and the new linden homes themes tbh. The rest is just crap. Doubling the marketplace commission, adding a new premium tier that no one asked for (I'm calling it now: they'll try to remove features from, or add extra fees/restrictions to free and/or classic premium to make Premium Plus seem better. They'll consider taking it back when there's a huge outcry from the users.), making name changes premium-only AND charging an additional fee on top of that... Is LL having that much of a problem keeping the lights on? Oof.

Edited by Reyetta Claven
a word
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I will believe it when I call Uber and the driver is Bigfoot and the ride is Santa's Sleigh and we're off to Neverland... :P

The driver could be Chuck Norris!

Saw the thing for the event listing fees too. I do know some club owners will have a cow to pay 50L for DJ events, could add up. Many are not premies.

• Haha 2

idk how I feel about this, I think that SL’s social atmosphere has changed a lot since last names were removed and this would affect the expectations of people joining for the more serious “this is a second life” style experience vs “casual stand and chat simulator 2003”

The kind of people who want to create a virtual persona vs people like me who named themselves cheesecurd because it’s a funny username. A username can be a lot more expressive than an artificial real-ish (oxymoron?) name.

As long as it’s optional and people can still choose to be “buttbrigade resident” I see no issues. But if the selectable last names become mandatory and the only option then I am strongly against it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

The driver could be Chuck Norris!

I was just going to ponder... new fees... new monetization... and now Chuck Norris... Will we get banned for criticizing China before or after this goes live...

/looksaroundfor_Activision.Linden 😮

That said I support the event listing fee.

Event listings are being spammed with everything EXCEPT actual events right now...

And... "1 hour left at 'get your pixel booty down' with 500L on the board for these super tunes"

...is not something I want to see 732 times in Events...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 5

Holy hell.....sigh.

Some good news, yes, or at least good for those looking forward to them-so YAY on that front (even if some of this is information we've had for ages now, lol).

I hope these new fees (admittedly, a small amount, I'm not complaining about the amount, at all, fees are a necessary evil, and I respect that) for mp sellers go to fix the elephant in the room that is the subject on the merchant forum which shall not be named (or, apparently, actually addressed by LL). It is THE most pressing issue, right this very second, and not an "feature request" but a necessity. If this problem isn't addressed, no other changes made to the MP, from a merchant point of view, is really going to matter to most sellers. They'll matter more to shoppers than merchants, which is great for shoppers, merchants will be sitting over on the bench until we're needed, I guess. 

I don't think anyone gives a rat's left nut about listing enhancement fee changes, most merchants don't use them, at all, and we've expressed this for years, lmao. Seeing them addressed when they're neither desired nor needed, and there are much more pressing issues is...weird. Those who do use them will be pleased I'm sure, so, that's something. 

• Like 1

I'm trying to find the positives in the MP changes....I'm failing. I pretended as long as I could......which wasn't very long, lmao

I'm actually getting angrier about the more pressing issue with the MP and things that are being royally screwed up by LL, in many cases at an extreme level as of late. 

• Like 2

Just now, Tari Landar said:

I'm trying to find the positives in the MP changes....I'm failing. I pretended as long as I could......which wasn't very long, lmao

I'm actually getting angrier about the more pressing issue with the MP and things that are being royally screwed up by LL, in many cases at an extreme level as of late. 

Are you speaking on the uncategorized gacha issue? Because that is seemingly being addressed at least. If not, care to clarify?

The ability to filter limited quantity and demo items is just around the corner.

6 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

Search for fullperms items right now...

Almost ALL of it is a single merchant that is selling stolen goods... nothing being done... for months...

- Stuff like that needs to be fixed to justify raising the prices...

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Reyetta Claven said:

Are you speaking on the uncategorized gacha issue? Because that is seemingly being addressed at least. If not, care to clarify?

Lmao, no, not even close. That's NOT a pressing issue, it's an issue, but it's not pressing, at all, just obnoxious (and I doubt it's actually going to be fixed, at all, LL has stated numerous times, it won't be, because they don't consider it a problem, it's being used as they expect).  The bit you quoted doesn't actually address the issue mayn people have with gachas and where they're categorized anyway, lol.

I am speaking of the issue regarding why things get removed, unlisted, (no no words lists) etc..and how LL is handling this whole debacle-which is getting worse and worse. You'd have to read the forum to probably understand why it's such a pressing issue, or be/know someone affected by it, especially in the recent bouts. There's one relatively newer thread about it, but there are countless others that have all addressed this very annoying problem over the years. It's something causing merchants to leave MP, slow (or stop) putting things on MP, be hesitant to make changes to their stores at all, and all kinds of other problems. It really is the most pressing problem with MP, without a doubt, as it is 100% negative for all, even people that think they're not affected. How this gets handled, fixed, prevented, is going to ste the pace for the future of the MP if it keeps going at the rate it currently is (which has grown exponentially). 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

As someone with a last name

Exactly, you have one, so of course you can't see any difference. For others it represents something more.  Speaking only for myself, to me it represents becoming a fully fledged citizen of the grid after many years as a member of the "Resident" underclass. Which of course sounds crazy to you, from the lofty position of already having a grand old name! Let's say you had to pay $50 USD or become TarinaSewell Resident, would you pony up? No? Well you are a more evolved person than I. I want my vanity plate. 

Edited by missyrideout
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Well since Ebbe repeated mentioned that 30% fee (going back over a year, maybe two) in Town Halls and such, I am just glad the increase is ONLY 10%.   Pretty obviously some to many creators would have simply taken their items off the Marketplace with that higher number. 

The rest we already knew about.  At least those of us paying a bit of attention.  

Agreed that some things are not going well here in SL of late --- but nothing compared to Sansar. So be GRATEFUL :D. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, missyrideout said:

Exactly, you have one, so of course you can't see any difference. For others it represents something more.  Speaking only for myself, to me it represents becoming a fully fledged citizen of the grid after many years as a member of the "Resident" underclass. Which of course sounds crazy to you, from the lofty position of already having a grand old name! Let's say you had to pay $50 USD or become TarinaSewell Resident, would you pony up? No? Well you are a more evolved person than I. I want my vanity plate. 

This is very sad.... there is no underclass, this is not school.   So sad you feel this way. I feel sorry for you only in the fact you feel anyone in sl is better than you are because they have a last name and you think having a last name will put you on a higher level.

The WHOLE reason Sl did away with last names is so people COULD have a vanity plate. And that is making their own names up.

Edited by Tarina Sewell
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chic Aeon said:

Well since Ebbe repeated mentioned that 30% fee (going back over a year, maybe two) in Town Halls and such, I am just glad the increase is ONLY 10%.   Pretty obviously some to many creators would have simply taken their items off the Marketplace with that higher number. 

The rest we already knew about.  At least those of us paying a bit of attention.  

Agreed that some things are not going well here in SL of late --- but nothing compared to Sansar. So be GRATEFUL :D. 

I forgot I installed sansar.. Its weird.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, missyrideout said:

Basic accounts are the "underclass" of SL, not "Resident" accounts. Or did you miss seeing the uproar of "robbing" from the basic accounts to give to premiums that occurred not all that long ago? And they are about to add another "upper class" to the mix. So we will have 3 classes in SL just as we have them in RL in the US. Basic, Premium and Premium Plus. Guess which accounts will get the shaft once again, regardless of how much RL money they spend on SL.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Basic accounts are the "underclass" of SL, not "Resident" accounts. Or did you miss seeing the uproar of "robbing" from the basic accounts to give to premiums that occurred not all that long ago? And they are about to add another "upper class" to the mix. So we will have 3 classes in SL just as we have them in RL in the US. Basic, Premium and Premium Plus. Guess which accounts will get the shaft once again, regardless of how much RL money they spend on SL.

Gosh,  I do not want to be a part of a world where there are upper classes and lower classes.   Throughout history this is how wars are started.

Edited by Tarina Sewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.