My Maitreya Mesh Body is discolored!

YeonaV

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Help! My Maitreya Lara body is a mess! I was fine, have been for months. Then this morning, I go into SL, and my avatar's body is covered in large dark splotches! I tried replacing all incidents with other outfits, and even reseting the body. Nothing works. She still looks terrible. What should I do to fix this?

If for some reason the skin, tattoo, or underwear texture doesn't fully download/render you'll see things mess up. Molly gave you the quick, easy first step fix.

You can also right-click your body and select Texture Refresh. Often just right-clicking on something will jolt the render to complete.

Unfortunately, the viewer cache is not all that it could be. The Lindens have a project to rebuild the caching system. Currently there are things ahead of that, EEP and ARCTan... script load... So, things like your skin and tats that should ALWAYS be cache fresh and never have to download sometimes have to download. So, something that has worked and rendered for months suddenly doesn't.

I have one stupid swimsuit that just refuses to render fully. It stays blurry for an hour or more...

• Like 2

Nine times out of ten when I help someone reporting this issue it's a settings issue. Typically they have crashed or have experienced some other weirdness and the graphic settings have been set to either a very low setting and/or hardware skinning has become unchecked. The first thing I'd do if I were you is to up the slider on your graphics to at least mid level and make sure that hardware skinning is checked and see if the blotches go away.

Thanks heaps!  I'm not sure what fixed it, but I did reload mesh textures by right clicking on my body. But there was lag, and I didn't want to wait, so I also increased my graphic quality, hit okay, then found my skin as good as new! 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.