Double standards again

Sunbleached

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

SL once again comes to the grotesque in its venality and double standards. My free product with the #Nintendo tag was temporarily removed from sale, its ok now, I simply removed that tag. I became interested and I decided to check whether this innovation was applied to everyone. it turned out that paid products with this tag remained on sale. you can check. I laugh at you, nation of merchants!

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Sunbleached said:

SL once again comes to the grotesque in its venality and double standards. My free product with the #Nintendo tag was temporarily removed from sale, its ok now, I simply removed that tag. I became interested and I decided to check whether this innovation was applied to everyone. it turned out that paid products with this tag remained on sale. you can check. I laugh at you, nation of merchants!

What does this have to do with land? 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sunbleached said:

You can tag those others that remain on sale, you know. Justsayin'.

On 11/20/2019 at 10:25 PM, Alyona Su said:

On 11/20/2019 at 8:51 PM, Syn Anatine said:

Those still for sale just haven't been reported/caught yet.

The "Other's do it, too." excuse Is incredibly childish.

you know, thats a brilliant idea! i will be serious adult mature guy and go report those others!!! its about 100 items,... but the hell with them! piece of cake! i will report them all, thank you! you guys are freakin awesome!

Edited by Sunbleached

38 minutes ago, Sunbleached said:

you perverted my words

Nope, I did not. It's right there in your first post.

On 11/20/2019 at 5:21 PM, Sunbleached said:

I became interested and I decided to check whether this innovation was applied to everyone. it turned out that paid products with this tag remained on sale. you can check. I laugh at you, nation of merchants!

So once again:

On 11/20/2019 at 6:51 PM, Syn Anatine said:

Those still for sale just haven't been reported/caught yet.

The "Other's do it, too." excuse Is incredibly childish.

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

Nope, I did not. It's right there in your first post.

So once again:

awesome! you perverted my words again!

On 11/20/2019 at 10:25 PM, Alyona Su said:

by the way, guys! you are so smart! how do i proper flag it? cause i tried now and i could not find matching reason for it provided! is it "keyword spam" or "my intellectual property"? i imagine, how nintendo flagged my item! wooow, i am so impressed!

Edited by Sunbleached
  • Haha 1

by the way, guys! you are so smart! how do i proper flag it? cause i tried now and i could not find matching reason for it provided! is it "keyword spam" or "my intellectual property"? i imagine, how nintendo flagged my item! wooow, i am so impressed!

If it's an I.P issue - then choose Disallowed Listing Practices ->Reference to other e-Commerce Web Site - and include a link to official web site of that RL product. If there is no place to include a link, then so be it, the Linden reviewer will know exactly what you are flagging it for. That doesn't mean it will be delisted, sometime a flag is reviewed and dismissed. BUT, They will never know about it unless it's flagged.

This is why it is called a "Flag" - you are simply waving a "Red Flag" to "come look at this and decide".

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/20/2019 at 5:21 PM, Sunbleached said:

SL once again comes to the grotesque in its venality and double standards. My free product with the #Nintendo tag was temporarily removed from sale

It's not SL, it's Ninetendo. They own the rights to their name and when they don't allow us to use it, we and LL have no choice but to comply.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

That doesn't mean it will be delisted, sometime a flag is reviewed and dismissed. BUT, They will never know about it unless it's flagged.

you just confirmed my words about double standards...

7 hours ago, ChinRey said:

It's not SL, it's Ninetendo. They own the rights to their name and when they don't allow us to use it, we and LL have no choice but to comply.

lol you seriously think nintendo care about this freebie? you have paranoya?

16 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

YIKES what double post?

5 minutes ago, Sunbleached said:

lol you seriously think nintendo care about this freebie? you have paranoya?

This is what their website says:

Intellectual Property Rights

Nintendo owns intellectual property rights in its products. These include copyrights, trademarks, and patents.

... (Chapter about copyrights for their games omitted) ...

Trademarks

Trademarks are the distinctive names, words, logos, designs and symbols used to distinguish a product of a particular manufacturer or source. Some of Nintendo's most widely recognized trademarks include Nintendo®, Game Boy®, Super NES® and Super Mario Bros.®. The Nintendo® trademark has been filed in many countries throughout the world and registrations have been issued in Nintendo's name in many countries.

And:

The Nintendo brand and Nintendo products are protected by intellectual property laws. This includes the name Nintendo, logos, characters, product names, games, graphics and website and marketing content. Nintendo has over 300 trademarks registered in Australia.

You are not entitled to use any of this Nintendo property without our specific permission. Because we receive so many requests for use we cannot respond to them all individually. The fact that we do not respond does not imply permission for you to use any of Nintendo's intellectual property.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Confused 1

Seriously, guys, I'm already afraid to go into this project, because all that it brings to me is negative emotions and waves of hatred, and those who agree are silent, because they are afraid... I no longer expect any support or help from you. and in general, sl turned into a paradise for perverts (or was it always like that?). I won’t read your answers, but if you want to show off to people like you, please.

Edited by Sunbleached

56 minutes ago, Sunbleached said:
17 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

That doesn't mean it will be delisted, sometime a flag is reviewed and dismissed. BUT, They will never know about it unless it's flagged.

you just confirmed my words about double standards...

You misunderstand. There is no double-standard. The reviewer will review the flag. 9 times out of ten they will delist for the reason of the flag. But sometimes the reason stated does not actually apply. As for I.P. issues, there is a more complicated issue because there are real world laws that apply.

In the case of I.P. - only the owner of that I.P. can demand a take-down (removal) of that I.P. (I've used it myself). However, if you make a false demand (you don't actually own the I.P. or it falls under Fair Use doctrine, etc.) then the person who had it up in the first place can demand Linden Lab put it back up (by law, they must put it back unless the I.P. owner initiates legal processes.)

So you see how this is not a "double standard", but rather Linden Lab's obligation by LAW?

Now, in your case, where that I.P. is already disallowed by Linden Lab to begin with (in this case because it is well-known I.P.) - they will take it down because it's not supposed to be there in the first place; there is no dispute about who owns the I.P. However, they cannot take it down if they do not know it is there to begin with, can they?

This is why they rely on you and I and others to click the FLAG button: to bring it to their attention. Sometimes it can take a few days for them to get to it, so it is best to just flag-and-forget. Unless it is your own product that you are flagging (improper review, for example).

Does this make sense, now? :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.