HadassaMcAuley

Remember bloodlines and their biters? I 😂

I certainly remember when I first joined in 2009 being approached by someone from bloodlines when I was wandering around one of the vast freebie places simply trying to figure out how to make myself look passably alright. He didn't try to bite me or anything, but tried to talk me into adding payment information to my account in order to give him some linden. The guy said that his position in his clan depended on it or something along those lines. I didn't even know what linden was. I told him no because even as a total newbie I thought that was pretty presumptuous of him. He got rather rude telling me that he was going to possess my soul. Naive nerd that I was, it actually frightened me after I logged and for about a week gave SL a break. This was also before I knew what an AO existed and thought that just as in rl, our avatars were born with different walks and mine had unfortunately been "born" with and stuck with a horrible waddle.

Luckily after that I stuck to the learning grove in Faery Crossing where I chose to begin my adventures into SL. Someone explained to me that it was a role play game and how to decline the invite for a bite. After that first experience I got a few bite invites, but that is about it.

• Like 1

I was bitten my first night in Second Life. I met someone that talked me into adding lindens to my account so that I could buy the HUD myself and let myself be bitten. I knew about the game because before joining I was researching vampires for a role play I was doing in a forum and ran across an article for Second Life and various dark themed RPs I could do. I was becoming bored with the forum para RPs, so went out seeking something new. Came to second life and started frequenting the freebie galaxy, and other various places and was approached by someone who took me to their clan land and introduced me around. I became a vampire that night ,but sadly it was all about cliques and so forth so I didn't get invited to much because I was not into ERP, so I left that clan after a month, then started learning more and more about bloodlines, and decided to start something new, within a month I had people coming to me as I had purchased a few blood tanks  and I seen a lot of the new ones being turned loose and spam those bites. I tried to help as many as I could from what I had already learned, and helped them find places in other clans that would provide them with Blood dolls, and tanks, and so forth. I tried for a few different clans/families, what ever . Never truly fit so just opted to make my own, and had a bunch of friends join second life, and they all let me take their souls, and eventually they left SL , so now I hold a ton of souls, but no one plays it, so now I just learn about the new products so that I can keep up, and try to help yet again a new wave that are not taught to spam bite, but right now I don't log in often to help like that anymore.

Then I tried Progeny for 2 years and got tired of the secrecy, and all the in family fighting, so left that too. Now I have a group for Anti-Progeny just because well I'm perma banned there and couldn't be happier. I do share some of the items I find on MP to those that want ways to detect Progeny , but it's quiet there too now.  So I come and go in SL as I like.

Edited by LadyShad0wz Greymoon
Added more information.
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 2:56 AM, Garnet Psaltery said:

I find it curious that the OP has not commented on or reacted to anything.

They got bitten and are still in the hospital recovering...

I remember people's frantic posts here in the forum asking how to get their sole back. 🙄 I was like... are you for real? But, some were on the verge of tears... or they were really good portrayers of panic. For a time I didn't think anyone could be that... (I'll go with) ignorant. Then realized some were from third-world countries and superstition was a real part of their lives.

Then the 'name in database' thing. Like you think this is the first time you got added to a DB without your consent?

I still see a lot of places with signs saying no biting. I'll have to check the creation date on the next one I see. But, they are less frequent.

Ten years ago vampires were annoying. Haven't heard from one in a long time. I was too cheap to buy garlic. So... BITE ME and get out of here. Maybe I'm immune now.

On 11/21/2019 at 8:19 AM, Amina Sopwith said:

I love this comment so much.

The castle was always busy with someone doing someone.  I remember the eight person orgy bed.   

• Like 1