"View angle" slider's changing upper limit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the Firestorm Viewer at "Avatar => Preferences => Move & View => View (tab)" there is a "View angle" slider. Sometimes the upper limit on this slider is 1.64, and other times it is 2.29. On what does this upper limit depend? I have looked for what this depends on, but was unable to find it.

I do not know if this the same for the Second Life official viewer. I suspect it is.

Is there a question? I'm not sure what the point of your comment is, but if it is about changing your view to something better, then try this (which is posted in my profile picks):

Are you tired of your tiny avatar on your screen? You can change the view permanently (without breaking anything).

Press CTRL+ALT+D to turn on your Advanced menu and choose "Show Debug Settings."

Type CameraOffsetRearView and press Enter.
Try these numbers: X: -2.0, Y: 0.0, Z: -0.0

Then type FocusOffsetRearView, then.
Try these numbers: X: -0.5, Y: 0.0, Z: 0.6

Like it better? It's not for everyone, and you can always experiment. There also is a "Reset to Default" button if things get crazy.

You're welcome!

The upper limit of the view distance slider changes depending on your window aspect ratio, different aspect ratios can only handle certain amounts of field of view before they break completely, the viewer automatically limits the slider to the appropiate maximum.

Edited by NiranV Dean

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.