Griefing

Kathrine Juneberry

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

You can also Mute the emitter object and its owner.  This will make its annoying cubes invisible, at least on your screen.  It's a partial and temporary "fix", I know...but it can reduce the annoyance until the land owner or LL can get around to removing the object.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You can also Mute the emitter object and its owner.  This will make its annoying cubes invisible, at least on your screen.  It's a partial and temporary "fix", I know...but it can reduce the annoyance until the land owner or LL can get around to removing the object.

They're talking about a physics prim rezzer. Muting an object owner or an object doesn't stop you from seeing the object or the objects it rezzes, only the particles belonging to the owner, the sounds they or their objects generate and the chat they or their objects generate.

A griefer is someone who derives pleasure from ruining the good times of as many other people as possible by whatever means are available. On the low end of the griefer scale are people who inhibit movement and such, on the high end are technically sophisticated people like the ones who brought down the whole game the other day. 

The best way to avoid being a griefer is to apply the golden rule. Prior to taking any action ask yourself "would I want someone to do this to me?". If the answer is no and you do it anyway, you're on the road to griefer status. 

I think that the fact you even asked this question is a sign that you're pretty unlikely to become a griefer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.