Gopi Passiflora

Scenario: Yay. It's another day at work....

38 minutes ago, Orwar said:

The hard way. Self-taught for a year, then employed for two years, then I figured that maybe I should actually learn how to do it, and went to a bookbinding school, currently in my third year.

Why does that all sound so... manly?

16 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Why does that all sound so... manly?

Doing things backwards? Haha.

• Haha 1

Perspective:

Yay.  It's Another Day in Retirement.

You wake up, and ask Alexa what time it is.  Oh, only 8:08?  You go back to sleep.  You wake up again when you hear the robot vacuum starting its morning rounds at 9:00 am.  You take your morning pills and brush your teeth, wondering whether or not you REALLY need a shower today.  You skip breakfast and wander down to the computer.  Popping the first Diet Pepsi of the day, you log in to the SL Forums to see who's posted anything new.  What the heck, you check Facebook too, and manage to raise your blood pressure to "alive" level by reading political snark.

Suddenly you notice that it's past lunch time, and you haven't gotten a single thing done.  Well, too late to start now.  Let's re-read a familiar book to kill some time before dinner.

@Gopi Passiflora, this is actually a picture of a typical day last week.  But...here's the same day, only the attitude is different:

Yay!  It's Another Day in Retirement!

You wake up, and ask Alexa what time it is.  8:08?  Great, plenty of time to wake up slowly.  Nothing's pressing, so no need to groan your way out of the sack.  A little later, you swing your legs out of bed.  A little stiff, but some stretches feel good.  You go through your ablutions with a minimum of wasted time and hurry downstairs to check in with your online friends.  Hey, look!  Some really funny posts today.  You laugh and try your best to come up with equally clever responses.   The political nutters are still clawing at each other on FB...amusing.  They can't even see how blind they are.

Look at the time!  Better grab a little lunch, hm?  Oh look, here's a book I haven't read in years!  I'll take some time to re-visit my old friends there...

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

But...here's the same day, only the attitude is different:

Both sound like heaven...

In my early 20s, I used to work in an office and would go outside for cigarette breaks. I started to see a girl out there, also smoking. I had a crush on her, but had/have low self-esteem (bit overweight, not good-looking) so never talked to her.

One day, I was having a smoke in the shade, and she walked from round the corner and smiled and said, "You should go round the other side, it's sunnier there." I just stood there like a complete dork, unable to speak. My brain was racing, 'Say something smart...talk to her...for God's sake, just reply, even a yeah'. But I couldn't get a word out - just stared at her. It was the most painful 5 seconds ever. She walked off.

• Sad 2