how become child avatar

joumene111

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ā Ā  I don't have any experience with it myself, but as Talli said, there are specific child avatar bodies and heads on the Marketplace (occasionally seen some on the front page and checkout page ads, not sure which search words to suggest). But if you just want to make a teen avatar, then using a 'regular' body and playing with the sliders can work.

You can get down to about tweenster-age using the classic system body - I did this with one of my alts for a while last year. He was supposed to be 14, but he'd have passed forĀ 10-12 if I'd made him a bit shorter (and yes, there was scope for him to go shorter on the sliders).

171116_teen_001.thumb.png.8678bd1c6b48c53c500574edf68d50d0.png

Yep, no doubt about his paternity...Ā šŸ˜

For younger kids; toddlers and under-10s, you'll need a specific mesh avatar. The Toodleedoos (however you spell that) are probably the most popular.

Once you've made your child avatar, then you just need to go hang out in some kid-focussedĀ places. @Marianne McCannĀ is probably the best person to ask for recommendations.

Edited by Lewis Luminos

It's difficult finding children's dances though.Ā  I wish somebody would make more.Ā  I've checked everywhere and only liked one because to be honest the rest looked like a spastic sugar rush and were not cute.Ā  So kid's dances are badly needed because Dinkies like kid's dances too if they can find any.Ā  Dinkies are tiny cats with human characteristics but dance like a child human.Ā Ā 

Child avatar's are easy to find on MarketplaceĀ but dances and AO'sĀ can be difficult.Ā  I can recommend a few AO's but you need to IM me inworld as the name of the AO place has a rather racy name that I don't know if I can put on the forum board.Ā  But the AO's are a very good price and you can try them inworld also prior to purchase.Ā Ā 

Here's a Tweenster Mesh Body:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Meshmerized-Tweenster-Mesh-Body-v304/12360755

Here's the link to the Toodleedoo MP Store:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/182374

Ā Ā Ā 

Edited by FairreLilette

12 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

You can get down to about tweenster-age using the classic system body - I did this with one of my alts for a while last year. He was supposed to be 14, but he'd have passed forĀ 10-12 if I'd made him a bit shorter (and yes, there was scope for him to go shorter on the sliders).

171116_teen_001.thumb.png.8678bd1c6b48c53c500574edf68d50d0.png

Yep, no doubt about his paternity...Ā šŸ˜

For younger kids; toddlers and under-10s, you'll need a specific mesh avatar. The Toodleedoos (however you spell that) are probably the most popular.

Once you've made your child avatar, then you just need to go hang out in some kid-focussedĀ places. @Marianne McCannĀ is probably the best person to ask for recommendations.

Since you only featured the avatar's face as an example of "a child avatar," that's an entirely too handsome adult of a facial structure, same goes for the skin -- those are some glorious sideburns for a 10 year old. You'll want to size up that head as well, it's way too small compared to the shoulders, even for an adult avatar.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.