Vehicle Rezzer System

PhilGalaxi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi I am thinking this is a fairly easy fix. I bought a Vehicle rezzer system, so I could let people rezz and use temp copies of my Bikes [full perm] 

Only problem is, when I actually send someone a bike they can rezz and use it/drive ride it.  But when they rez it via the system, they cannot use it.

How/what script do I add or change to allow anybody to ride the bike?  

In the control script for the bike itself, I replaced the line 

LLGetOwnr

with  llDetectedKey(0)
but still I am only one who can drive unless I actually transfer the bike to someone via share/IM

thank you 

Phil 

Edited by PhilGalaxi
spelling

You're right that you need to change the owner stuff to user stuff.

When you give someone a copy of the bike they become the owner, so the owner stuff works ok. But when you rez the bike on the ground you remain the owner.

Exactly what you need to do depends on how the script handles the owner stuff. If there's a single call to llGetOwner and the resulting key is stored in a variable then it'd be fairly easy to give that variable the key of the user when they sit on the bike: something that can be done in the changed event when CHANGED_LINK is set. If, however, the script is peppered with llGetOwner calls, you'll probably want to create a global variable with the user's key and replace all the llGetOwner calls with that variable. Also, you'll want to replace any llOwnerSay calls with llRegionSayTo calls targeting the user.

There is one minor drawback to what I've described above: bicycle theft. Any user will be able to grab the bike if they sit on it before the legitimate user does. Counteracting that would require a more involved rezzing process, where the bike is sent a chat channel number via the on_rez parameter, and then listens on that channel for the rezzer to tell it the key of the intended user.

Of course, these things never turn out to be quite as simple as they seem at first glance.

On 11/17/2019 at 11:48 PM, PhilGalaxi said:

In the control script for the bike itself, I replaced the line 

LLGetOwnr

with  llDetectedKey(0)
but still I am only one who can drive unless I actually transfer the bike to someone via share/IM

Search your script for additional calls to llGetOwner(). If I were a betting man, I'd bet you have more llGetOwner() calls hiding in your script somewhere. 

Wulfie and KT's answers are more pedagogically sound than mine. I'm just offering a betting man's chance at a quick fix.  

Keep looking, you'll find the owner check.

Temp vehicle rezzers are a nice amenity. All Bellesaria houseboat areas with no land connection should have a small boat rezzer, so you can get off the island.

I like the kind that keeps a simple boat rezzed, and anyone can take it. When there's no boat at the dock for a while, one is rezzed to replace it. When the borrower leaves the boat, it cleans up and disappears. It's not a temporary object in the SL sense, it deletes itself via script. I've seen a swan boat rezzer which works that way.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.