Do you want better parcel privacy?

Lucia Nightfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1611 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

People lurking/squatting on my land or stalking/policing my tenants are people whose names I would like to have from the mini-map, thank you.

They're on my land, and that seems very basic.  I would err on the side of assuming people are decent, since most actually are, but if I see someone persistently hanging out, they often can be a squatter or stalker. I can at least IM them and say "Do you need any help in finding a rental?"

I don't want to maintain expensive, laggy surveillance scripts to determine these simple facts; the mini map should be sufficient.

If you feel your privacy as an avatar -- an avatar, that is, a creature with a fake name in a virtual world -- is not sufficient when you:

o have "avatars can seem me" turned OFF so that you are invisible on land

o have "access only" -- legal, if annoying to those around you who merely live nearby or fly by

o have a security orb -- legal, if annoying to those around you who merely live nearby or fly by

then...maybe you shouldn't log on to the Internet.

Again, I am not aware if there are exclusions for land owners, estate owners, estate managers or group owners to still be able to see minimap icons, or presence in the People menu or Radar menu. I am also unaware if this is an additional option that can be turned on/off with a parcel/region setting or if it is a change to existing functionality.

This was accepted as a feature request by LL yesterday.

I expect they will take moderator priority into consideration if and when they implement it or, if this is an existing feature limited by region console setting, when they offer it more directly to land owners overall.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1611 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.