I found this amusing

GoSpeed Racer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, earlier this morning I got a twitter notification that my SL image was being used to promote Sinespace. You can see it here:

Nope, no one asked. Besides, using an SL pic to promote SineSpace? Huh? I wouldn't object to being featured in a SineSpace ad, but it is common courtesy to ask. If they did then they would have learned the avatar is from a competing platform, Second Life! Their website has generic email addresses for London and Shanghai which I may use to report the image. In the meantime I've reached out to Hamlet Au on his Discord server and see if he can't reach the right person to resolve this silly situation. 

This is the original picture, BTW:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gospeed_racer/38320198031

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I'd be surprised to find that it had been done deliberately by SineSpace. All too often I see images on ads online that have nothing to do with the ad itself or are aimed at the wrong demographic that the ad is aimed at. An example would be an ad aimed at senior citizens yet the image is of someone in their 20s or 30s. I'm looking at you MSN. >:(

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This reminds me of something similar in RL - my dad used to work for a printing company before he retired, and at one point they printed a holiday brochure for a resort in Spain. One of the photos in that brochure was a picture of me and my sister on the beach when we were aged about 5 (me) and 3 (my sister). Except, we weren't in that resort, or even in Spain at all, we were in Great Yarmouth (Norfolk, England).

This would of been an interesting experience to say the least if I had discovered one of my SL photos being used for anything but SL. It is good you can see the humor in the situation. I hope you can get it sorted out.

On a completely off topic turn, you have such a fun name @GoSpeed Racer. :)

Edited by LyricalBookworm
  • Like 3

I got a response from SineSpace and they'll get the marketing company to remove that image. Nice to know they're on the ball on a weekend.

Yeah, no reason to get bent out of shape about it. I think the fact an SL image was being used to market their product made it more of a problem than it normally would have been.

• Like 9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.