Black Dragon Issues

NeekyN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So recently when i tried to log on to Black Dragon, it freezes at 70-78% in "precaching" and will not go any further. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, and it does the exact same thing still. I'm getting frustrated because its never happened before . I have to log into firestorm just to close out BD because the whole window freezes. 

I've had this too. I was in the middle of investigating what's the cause for this, apparently it seems to be something related to the CoF (outfit/appearance folder fetching). I was not able to fix it as this is an integral part of the Viewer login and works the same in BD as in any other Viewer, there was nothing i could do about it so my only guess is that it is something else doing this, possibly a setting i borked. Maybe something in my cache, maybe one of my misc-settings or generally something that can be found in the Roaming folder (where your settings, poses, presets and so on reside). Before i could test this and confirm whether doing anything there fixed this i was forced to reinstall to Windows 10 (for my Ryzen upgrade) and now this issue has never happened again, but i have to say that my cache (even if started from the old HDD) is located on my SSD, which might help with that (if it was the cache), my settings are completely gone too (since this is a whole new windows), i only copied over the logs and windlight presets.

I can only recommend you trying something i was going to do but didn't get to do in time: Go into your AppData\Roaming\Black Dragon folder and delete it completely (make a copy of it to save your settings, logs, presets and so on before you do). See if something in there is causing this behavior.

If nothing helps all i can tell you that staying patient will help you, the issue usually only happens on the very first login, attempting a log in in right after the first failure results in a normal login (for whatever reason). If you do find a solution to this issue or if the above mentioned solution works it would be great to tell me so i can keep this in mind in case anyone else has this in the future (so far it has only been me, with you being the first person to report it to me, which leads me to believe that it is user-error, hopefully). Note that the Viewer might freeze but do NOT close it, simply wait, this CoF fetching just takes super long for unknown reasons, wait it out, the Viewer is not completely frozen as you might think, its actually working hard and will bail out into the login screen when it stays there too long.

Edited by NiranV Dean
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.