Holiday Desserts and Beverages ! Post your favorite of both !

roseelvira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 11/17/2019 at 6:04 AM, AmandaKeen said:

Peach Cobbler with an extra-thick, sugary “crust” is my moms signature holiday dish.

She won’t give up the recipe either 😉

Cobbler is easy, 1 cp butter 1 cp sugar 1 cp flour  cream it all together and spread on top of peeled fruits  (I add cinnamon to mine) , sprinkle granulated sugar on top. cook 350 for an hour...  let cool (important) eat it all gone with cool whip -

Add a splash of booze to this dessert that magically creates its own sauce. Ready in under an hour, this comforting pud is best served warm with a dollop of ice cream

Ingredients

• plain flour 175g
  • golden caster sugar 100g
  • baking powder 1 tbsp
  • bananas 2 very ripe, mashed, plus 1 whole, sliced
  • whole milk 300ml
  • unsalted butter 85g, melted, plus extra for the baking dish
  • egg 1, beaten
  • vanilla extract or paste 1 tsp
  • ice cream or custard to serve

CARAMEL TOPPING

• soft dark brown sugar 150g
  • golden syrup 4 tbsp
  • whisky 2 tbsp

Method

• Step 1

Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Put the flour, sugar, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a large bowl and stir to combine. In a jug, whisk together the mashed bananas, milk, butter, egg and vanilla until well combined. Gradually whisk the liquid into the flour mix to make a batter. Butter a 7cm-deep, 26cm-wide baking dish and pour in the batter.

• Step 2

To make the topping, put the sugar, golden syrup and 250ml of just-boiled water in a small pan and heat, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved. Simmer then take off the heat and add the whisky. Pour the mixture over the pudding (don’t worry if it sinks), top with the sliced bananas then bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until you have a cooked sponge on top with a hot caramel sauce hidden beneath. Serve hot with ice cream or custard, if you like.

Oh. My. Frickin'. Finger-lickin'. GAWD.  Everything here looks so GOOD!  (Well, except Ceka's pickles and beef thing).  I blew my weight loss goals just scrolling through this cornucopia of goodies.  I am going to kill all of you, if I can ever get back to my feet.  Or SEE my feet.

I haven't tried this one, but it made me smile when it showed up on my Facebook feed.  Also, it is actually relatively healthy, so take that, you evildoers you!

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/240180/grinch-kabobs

Grinch-Kabobs.jpg

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.