Holiday Desserts and Beverages ! Post your favorite of both !

roseelvira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not really a dessert kind of person, but I do love a pumpkin spice tea I found last year that my local grocer carried. They've not had it again this year, but it was such a nice tea.

My favorite holiday food is a vegetarian mushroom rice that my dad always made for Christmas dinner. It was alternative to regular stuffing. I have it every year. It is really yummy. Now I'm hungry so now it is time to go have some vegetable soup and bread. 😊

• Like 1

Cookies!

Wienerstube…

WS.jpg.6c4c947d13f4a31eed42aa38e4891b9a.jpg 

And Pepparkakor.

PK.jpg.877dd8bd71a213441fdd50872d9533bc.jpg

I'm going to try this year to see how they turn out with gluten free flour.

I've also been very fond of nice dark beers. But unfortunately my wibbly dietary needs preclude the consumption of wheat and barley based things.

Edited by Ivanova Shostakovich
  • Like 3

When I lived in Cincinnati, where there is a long history of Germans, I found out about the holiday schnecken. Specifically schnecken from a (now defunct) landmark bakery, Virginia Bakery. Busken's Bakery bought out the rights to Virginia's schnecken, so Cincinnatians can still get their seasonal treat. This stuff is wicked good. It also is so much butter. I have the original recipe. It is like 500 tons of butter to a cup of flour, just enough flour to hold it together. This photo has me in massive cravings for it.

schnecken.JPG

• Like 1

Touche' roseelvira!
Not my beloved grandmother Jeannie's 😘 exact recipie but:
Sherry/Wine Trifle. ❤️ 😍🥰

Pic Courtesy of the Australian Womens Weekly. 
Photography: Dean Wilmot, styling: Jennifer Tolhurst, Vicki Liley.

Trifle.jpg

Edited by Maryanne Solo
Added more wine :)
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

There's a dessert we have in North Devon. It surpasses all others by miles. I'll try to find a photo. Imagine a short stemmed cut glass trifle dish with a wide top. Into this goes three scoops of home made coffee ice cream, and one scoop of Devon Clotted Cream. Add two sugar biscuit tubes, roasted almonds, and chocolate squiggles on the top. Finally pour a shot of Tia Maria over it.

Now that.....is a dessert from heaven

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BelindaN said:

There's a dessert we have in North Devon. It surpasses all others by miles. I'll try to find a photo. Imagine a short stemmed cut glass trifle dish with a wide top. Into this goes three scoops of home made coffee ice cream, and one scoop of Devon Clotted Cream. Add two sugar biscuit tubes, roasted almonds, and chocolate squiggles on the top. Finally pour a shot of Tia Maria over it.

Now that.....is a dessert from heaven

This is now def on my list to make for the holidays ,,,,hugs hugs hugs   

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.