Sign in to follow this  
cheesecurd

Nude Beach Attire

I know that title sounds like an oxymoron but it’s something I’ve been in discussion with inworld recently. In many clothing optional spaces I see a variety of choices on the scale of exactly how naked people like to be. So I thought I’d ask, in the context of a clothing optional place (beach, club, pool, or any other kind of hangout) what is your choice of attire?

Most people go fully naked but some wear just bottoms, some wear robes or kimonos, some wear accessories, some go bottomless, a surprisingly common combo I see is arm + leg warmers, etc

If you wear glasses, do you keep the glasses on?

How much of that choice is dependent on location?

I find a lot of this is also very dependent on the social context of the location, with more casual nudity places having people commonly being somewhat dressed while more distinctly sexual places will have much more complete nudity. 

I tend to at least keep some form of neck accessory on. Feels a little bit plain otherwise. But I only ever go full naked at outdoor places, indoor or pools I usually wear an open bath robe. It just feels a bit more appropriate. I still want everything very visible but a robe seems to fit the theme of a pool or bath.

I feel like attending a nude beach would depend on how comfortable I felt, in regards to how I would dress my avatar. Would I be bringing one of my boys, or one of my girls? Do I know people there or is it somewhere I don't visit often or am visiting for the first time? Are the glasses a key part of my chosen avatar's appearance in other outfits? I feel like it depends entirely on the context.  I tend to do the whole swimsuit shtick first and see how I feel about that going on. I do have quite a few moon elixir pieces I'd love to wear more but they have my b00hs right out there and would probably do well for beachwear if I wanted to be fancy and semi naked.

Edited by miaminightmare

First, I always teleport in with swimwear/underwear. Just in case something goes wrong and I end up somewhere else or because my starting point isn't nude friendly or because i'm not sure if I stay at the clothing-optional place. Then it kind of depends. I like to wear jewlery and fitting shoes and whatever other items of the decorative kind fit. Robes sound like a nice option, which hadn't crossed my mind yet. Definitly going to buy some.

Pretty random here.

Anywhere in SL where I don't have to wear clothes, I will typically be in some form of nudity.

I don't tend to like beach environments - RL or SL. But in such environments my outfit choices are are not much different than anywhere else; some form of nudity - bottom and top.

I will say that I get very annoyed to be in a 'clothing optional' place where too many people are choosing the option to stay dressed. They're extremely off putting for the theme... and I will leave if there are more than just a tiny number of them.

If it's a beach, I'll wear a swimsuit. If it another venue I'll dress for whatever the season is. I may dress with the intent to be an evil tease, but I never (or at least, rarely ever) go trollop. If I do the evil tease then its in my preferred style. I never go full nude, because full nude is utterly boring.

Think about it: You see a fully nude person/avatar/whatever and you take a closer look. Three seconds later and your on to the next one that may catch your eye. But the tease... The tease is an eye-magnet.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a furry, when I go to a nice beach, I leave my skin at home. Nothing like the hot sun on your bones!

Really though, depends. I've said this before on the forums, and I'll say it again, I'm not a big fan of clothing because I am autism and I suck at fashion, so instead of showing off my horrible mismatching of clothes, I decide not to at all.

I would probably limit the types of clothing at a nude beach to stuff that doesn't cover the torso area. Such as:

• snorkels, hats, skuba gear, glasses, and other head items
  • Shoes, socks and sandles, gloves
  • arm bands, leg warmers, arm warmers, small accessories
  • Some partial covering of the chest area could be acceptable such as scarfs
  • floaties for those adults such as myself who still don't know how to swim ;-;

However a very key importance here is "does it look good?". Leg warmers on a hot summer day would seem out of place, and bondage gear(depending on what beach you go to) would also look like a wrong TP. Context matters even if wearing accessories in the nude. Leg and arm warmers and goggles while skiing nude would be perfectly reasonable. Not so much at a beach.

Just keep in mind, the more you wear, the less nude you become, which isn't in the spirit of a nude breach, at least from my perspective.

Edited by Chaser Zaks

If it's nude only, I'll go nude. If it's clothing optional, I'll wear a bikini or something similar at first. Might drop the top if I feel comfortable, and the bottom eventually. Stuff like sandals and jewellery/accessories still counts a nude to me. BTW I always read the rules/NC if at a new place, doesn't take that long and makes the stay more pleasant for everyone.

If there are a lot of people fully dressed there (usually guys who do that), I'll usually not stick around either.