Initial Outfits bits won't add on...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, this is just a bit of a grumpy gripe.  Not the end of the world, no- just annoyed.

I was out tonight at some live music and a newly rezzed avi came thru with a cute doggie in a bag- I inspected it and saw that it was from our included library of stuff.

I went thru them (the ones new to me) *library-clothing-initial outfits: Trixie all the way down to I think it was Elizabeth were new to me.

I was able to change in and out of all them by replace outfit.  Imagine my excitement to find lots of neat extras- companion animals like Frenchie bulldogs, bats, weasels, rats  and more.  Rideable horses- two in fact, a regular ole way (i don't know the name of it) like a unisex, and then sidesaddle for folks in skirts.  

I got back into my normal avi and went to trying to add a horse.  The sidesaddle under Rhiannon just wouldn't attach.  The one under Thomas gave this message in local:  [17:38] Animation Overrider - Male: This animation overrider is intended for avatars wearing MALE default shapes only.   Alright, that's weird, so the doggie in a bag under Bitsy- wouldn't attach.  

None of this new-to-me stuff seems usable unless you're wearing the entire folder. 

So, I don't understand why that is, or if there's a way around it.  

If so, please share,  If not, maybe the folks (moles or lindens) who made these things will make it so we can use them w/o using the entire folder?

Those are in a special folder and for some reason you can't equip parts or objects straight from it, as you noticed.

Something weird about those items is because everyone has them, I think you don't really have them in your inventory unless you drag them out of that folder.

To get around it wear the whole outfit from that folder and save it as a new outfit, then it will appear with your other outfits and you can equip parts from there,

Edited by Artorius Constantine
cause I can't spell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You can go into edit shape and set your shape to MALE. Save the shape and wear the Thomas AO. Then switch back to FEMALE and you are riding the horse.

And when you wear the entire avatar, it creates a new folder with all the parts in your clothing folder. You can add/remove individual parts from there. 

Edited by Bree Giffen
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.