It's funny when those few that purport to live by kindness in SL tend to be the biggest a-holes

MasterMusa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not going to name names...but why do ppl come to SL to be "world revolves around me" a-holes?  I mean...really.   This is SL.   Been in it since 2007.   Left for a bit in 2012.   Since the change and I think the change of economy with a surplus of land I had a "land baron" that felt that he knew it all despite the fact I've been buying and selling and renting since 2007, stopping after the Horizons mass auction.   So many of the land barons I've met and interacted with are very nice people running a business.   But everyone once in awhile...a-hole.

If you are going to live by the idea that no act of kindness is ever wasted, then the flip side to that is 'no act of pure self centered a-holishness and know it all syndrome will ever be rewarded...'.

Just ranting, but karma will return.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

People are people. 

I’ve run foul of “land barons” in SL and my personal thought is that people who are here to be SL Capitalists on a large scale are differently-motivated than those of us whole motivations are social or artistic. Not better or worse; just “different” enough to impede understanding.

That being said, I also knew One who was a wonderful human being - whom I wish was still among the living- and who disproved the previous paragraph.

Its good to have exceptional people like that; they foster hope.

Anyway, I’m sorry you ran foul of someone who failed to Walk the Talk. Tomorrow is another day and it’s a big grid 🙂 

We still have some good people here!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f294fcc361e1bba86b077

• Like 5

Karma is the a** that will never bite itself.

From my profile

" - I am cold, selfish and calculated like any other being.
- I have my own agenda. "

Don' t say I never warned anybody in advance. :|

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Simo Vodopan said:

Here's the thing about it: usually what you see in someone's profile is usually the opposite of what they really are. "I don't like drama" Normally starts it. I got a list of 'rules' in SL that are related to these such things and that's rule one.

I have witnessed this a few times with the drama and the 'no drama' profile.  I usually move my avatar away and then start talking to my friends in IM to just take my mind off of it.  

39 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I have witnessed this a few times with the drama and the 'no drama' profile.  I usually move my avatar away and then start talking to my friends in IM to just take my mind off of it.  

Right? From what I've also noticed, some of these people it seems as though thrive off of drama and purposely create it as either a form of entertainment or some other reason such has having an insecurity of sorts so they compensate for it or all of thee above.

Edited by Simo Vodopan
  • Like 1

I try to be self-aware about myself in SL, sometimes successfully, sometimes not.

In my opinion, it comes down to a few things: people are inherently irrational/ego driven,  it’s the internet, SL is a universe where it’s ok to be someone else. When you have all three of those things, you get what you sometimes get in SL.

I agree it’s a people thing, but at the same time I tend to take what most people say with a grain of salt at all times. So someone says they avoid drama, at some point when drama is always around a person...they have something to do with it. The beauty of SL is you can always TP, ignore and block.

I log in to relax, some people don’t.

• Like 1

Just now, Syn Anatine said:

Do you mean me?

In RL the bluntness isn't bad, us germans are really blunt folks.

No, I mean the OP. 

I had a German round for dinner last week. He was very nice. I hope he gets to stay in this country but I wouldn't blame him at all if he decided he wanted to go somewhere with a saner and more sensible government, like Gor.

• Haha 2

This is why I always tell people up front that I am a jerk.  Then, on the off chance I'm nice, it's a pleasant surprise for them.

I've found most people secretly believe the world somehow revolves around them.  It's as natural as believing the sun rotates around the earth, since we are each literally the center of our own universe.  Why would SL be any different than RL in this regard?

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Simo Vodopan said:

Here's the thing about it: usually what you see in someone's profile is usually the opposite of what they really are. "I don't like drama" Normally starts it. I got a list of 'rules' in SL that are related to these such things and that's rule one.

Right like the people with if you do not have a profile filled out I wont talk to you and their profile is full of tabs about.. themselves... I see people with a lot of "picks" of themselves, explaining why they are to good for you.. or how wonderful they are.. and I just... close it and move on. (shaking my head)

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Right like the people with if you do not have a profile filled out I wont talk to you and their profile is full of tabs about.. themselves... I see people with a lot of "picks" of themselves, explaining why they are to good for you.. or how wonderful they are.. and I just... close it and move on. (shaking my head)

That and if they have a bunch of restrictions and post their likes and dislikes, it's a good indicator they're not fun to be around either. Oh and the ones that say: "I will come after you" blah blah are fun ones to be around as well...

Alot of em' when it comes to that stuff it's like they're expecting us to impress them when we don't owe them a damn thing. With how our profiles and such are done. It's a viscous cycle, as many of these sorts are down on themselves and life in general they'd rather bring others down to their level in some sort of sick pleasure with how self-centered they get at times. "If it sucks for me, then it's gotta suck for you and this is how I get my good, fun times".

Sorts like that are also immensely judgemental on not just your profile being blank or whatever, but anything at large, it's a whole cesspit of toxicity.

Oh and ofcourse the people that have like: "I don't like most men" or some crap I ovoid as well.

Edited by Simo Vodopan

32 minutes ago, Simo Vodopan said:

Oh and the ones that say: "I will come after you" blah blah are fun ones to be around as well...

Yeah the, "mess with ____ and I'll beat you up" ones always make me laugh.  Just for yucks, I ask them how they will visit their vengeance upon me - they never know how to respond. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

Yeah the, "mess with ____ and I'll beat you up" ones always make me laugh.  Just for yucks, I ask them how they will visit their vengeance upon me - they never know how to respond. 

Real story; years ago as a newbie I was flying a C-Tech anti-grav ship around in a circle in a Sandbox (at the time I had no idea being a newbie and such) and some members of the Alliance Navy were on the ground, they just had to be big and bad and... get this; put a hit on me in SL of all things for supposedly being a rivaling army's spy.

When someone pulls out a weapon and aims it at me; I stand there like: "So, what's the worst it's gonna do? Send me me home if the sims has LL damage?" I guess if anything it's symbolic or gets their frustration out, but in the end it's a total waste of time and makes them look foolish.

Edited by Simo Vodopan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

I sympathize with you, but don't rely on karma too much.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just-world_hypothesis

Hear hear!

My luck is just that terrible that 'karma' rarely if ever rolls around. Superstitions and other things can be such funny yet fascinating things one can exploit.

Brooms? My, that's just one thing we can weaponize to terrify some of the locals. Slap one in a RPG-7 and whabam! Instant psychological weapon, no need to actually use it at times.

Edited by Simo Vodopan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.