I can't get my skin fit seamless on head and body

Phoebe Hazelnut

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I already contacted both, head creator's group and skin creator but no help so far...

I have Maitreya body and Utilizator head and I applied the skin to both of them but I can't get them to fit seamless. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

(Btw yes I noticed the different "Environment" values on both huds but changing it on the Omega applier to 70 or any other value does nothing).

14ussHvC.jpg

Head: UTILIZATOR Normie Head

Body: Maitreya Lara

Skin: KG Kimberly Skin

Edited by Phoebe Hazelnut

In this case it isn't an issue of there being a difference in the environment values, but rather just the fact that your head and body are two separate mesh entities that are being lit individually within Second Life. It appears the light source is coming pretty much from above, which unfortunately makes the effect very much more visible.

As Claireschen mentioned, you can either use a neck sleeve which will smooth this out, or cover the seam with a necklace, choker, collar, scarf, or any such accessories - but depending on the windlight setting, this is going to be more or less noticable.

Make sure your body isn't tinted in the red-outline area of the Maitreya hud shown below:

maitreya-hud2.jpg.2732238ccd192d98a41374b893f6664a.jpg

Click the far left skin tone (outlined in green) then re-apply the KG Kimberly Skin.

Try looking at it in a different windlight like CalWL or Nam's Optimal Skin and Prim to see if they actually match or not. If this doesn't fix it, you may need to use the neck fix or choker as previously suggested.

9 hours ago, Phoebe Hazelnut said:

I already contacted both, head creator's group and skin creator but no help so far...

I have Maitreya body and Utilizator head and I applied the skin to both of them but I can't get them to fit seamless. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

(Btw yes I noticed the different "Environment" values on both huds but changing it on the Omega applier to 70 or any other value does nothing).

14ussHvC.jpg

Head: UTILIZATOR Normie Head

Body: Maitreya Lara

Skin: KG Kimberly Skin

You have the body applier set at Environment 70 and the head at 30 - that will make a difference. 

31 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

You have the body applier set at Environment 70 and the head at 30 - that will make a difference. 

Please note that I already adressed that in my OP:

"(Btw yes I noticed the different "Environment" values on both huds but changing it on the Omega applier to 70 or any other value does nothing)."

5 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

I'm tempted to blame the highlights for the mismatch, so I'd start with getting the glossy setting to 0.

The neck part on the head attachments seems to handle the gloss highlights much differently than the body.

There is everything set to 0, no glossy turned on at all.

6 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

Make sure your body isn't tinted in the red-outline area of the Maitreya hud shown below:

maitreya-hud2.jpg.2732238ccd192d98a41374b893f6664a.jpg

Click the far left skin tone (outlined in green) then re-apply the KG Kimberly Skin.

Try looking at it in a different windlight like CalWL or Nam's Optimal Skin and Prim to see if they actually match or not. If this doesn't fix it, you may need to use the neck fix or choker as previously suggested.

Sorry that doesn't work either. The Maitreya skin gets replaced by the Maitreya Applier and the tint is set to all white. The neck fix only works for Maitreya's original skin it doesn't get affected by the applier at all: I even can have the darkest skin set, then  the neckfix appears as a dark brown "collar" but the Kimberly Skin is still normal and not tinted.

7 hours ago, Orwar said:

In this case it isn't an issue of there being a difference in the environment values, but rather just the fact that your head and body are two separate mesh entities that are being lit individually within Second Life. It appears the light source is coming pretty much from above, which unfortunately makes the effect very much more visible.

As Claireschen mentioned, you can either use a neck sleeve which will smooth this out, or cover the seam with a necklace, choker, collar, scarf, or any such accessories - but depending on the windlight setting, this is going to be more or less noticable.

We already spoke about this in world but here for everyone else again: Yes it's the environment settings when I have shadow off, I get the heavy seam with shadows on, the seam disappears mostly. That hoewever means, that everyone around me who doesn't have shadow shaders on sees me with a seam...

Edited by Phoebe Hazelnut

10 hours ago, Phoebe Hazelnut said:

We already spoke about this in world but here for everyone else again: Yes it's the environment settings when I have shadow off, I get the heavy seam with shadows on, the seam disappears mostly. That hoewever means, that everyone around me who doesn't have shadow shaders on sees me with a seam...

That is exactly correct. It is completely impossible for anyone to get their avatar to look the same way to everyone else as it looks to you. Nobody can fix this, it's not just you. Some people with very low-powered computers don't even have basic shaders turned on.

The only solution to this is to keep your windlight settings set at what looks good on your screen, and stop worrying about what other people see. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.