Getting texture from full perm shirt

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

if the item is full perm, and that includes the shirt texture then you should have it.. BUT if the texture is not included with the full perms item then no.. if the creator wanted to give out the full perm texture for the shirt he or she would have done that.  The fact that it is not there means no that shirt texture is not full perm.. If you have further questions about it and want to be sure the creator did not accidentally leave something out.. then contact that person and ask..

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

The fact that it is not there means no that shirt texture is not full perm..

I'm talking about system clothing. That's just a texture with info that tells the system it's a shirt, so you get the shirt icon and the clothing system knows where to apply  it. Not a mesh model with some textures.

6 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Talk to the creator, if they're still in SL.

That's usually the problem. I'm trying to recycle freebies from the early days of SL, and the creators are often long gone.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, animats said:

I'm talking about system clothing. That's just a texture with info that tells the system it's a shirt, so you get the shirt icon and the clothing system knows where to apply  it. Not a mesh model with some textures.

So? Everything Tazzie said still applies. If the creator had wanted you to have the texture, they would have done so.

6 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

So? Everything Tazzie said still applies. If the creator had wanted you to have the texture, they would have done so.

There's no way to make a texture available from a full perm classic clothing item, other than shipping it separately. Those items are not objects; they have no inventory. You'd have to distribute them boxed, which would complicate delivery, especially for users with no land.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

Before mesh and animesh allowed for objects wearing system clothing, there was next to no reason to distribute as textures rather than clothing items.

Mesh and animesh have created a situation in which these old pieces have a viable use once again. Most of them won't have much of an market as clothing items for avatars, but they do have a use for the kind of animesh animats is making.

So all of this about the creators not wanting anyone to have the textures is out of date.

15 hours ago, animats said:

That's usually the problem. I'm trying to recycle freebies from the early days of SL, and the creators are often long gone.

What kind of clothing are you after? Ancient freebie stuff is probably the least likely to still be around in texture form, but there HAVE to be (not quite so ancient) system clothing creators still inworld who still have their textures but aren't doing much with them.

Could an applier system for animesh be feasible? Would it be secure enough that some who aren't keen on releasing textures straight out be alright with it? This would require setting up a separate face on the animesh model for each bit though, which would be a significant downside if you need to put them in different styles of clothing.

I have some old FP system clothing textures, mostly from MM boards and group gifts. TOS won't let me give them to you, but if I know what you're after, I can have a look to suggest names to contact. Putting them into appliers might work under the TOS too.

Just thinking out loud in hopes it sparks some better ideas for you.

4 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Could an applier system for animesh be feasible? Would it be secure enough that some who aren't keen on releasing textures straight out be alright with it? This would require setting up a separate face on the animesh model for each bit though, which would be a significant downside if you need to put them in different styles of clothing.

Vir Linden says that Bakes on Mesh, Round 2 might have support for animesh. Right now you have to layer clothing textures on top of skin textures in Photoshop or something similar and upload, just to change clothes. An applier can't combine textures into a new texture for animesh.  If we get animesh BOM, it will be possible to layer textures onto animesh. But not yet.

I'm focusing on making NPCs that move around well, and that's mostly working. Now I need more characters to make move. What I'd like is a collection of low-LI animatable characters like this.

hoodlumpopulationmed.thumb.jpg.300b44d5a08318c844145f7edbbde39c.jpg

Street people, from Hoodlum sim. They have a nice collection of static background models.

They're all low-LI models, used to make the sim look populated. If they were animesh, I could make them move. But they're not.

There are animesh models on Marketplace, but many have, er, "intellectual property problems". Very few are normal humans with models as good as the above static models.

If you've got an animesh human that looks good and has low LI, please get in touch. I'll make them move well.

13 hours ago, animats said:

Vir Linden says that Bakes on Mesh, Round 2 might have support for animesh. Right now you have to layer clothing textures on top of skin textures in Photoshop or something similar and upload, just to change clothes. An applier can't combine textures into a new texture for animesh.  If we get animesh BOM, it will be possible to layer textures onto animesh. But not yet.

Individual faces on mesh can be textured/retextured by script. An "applier" for this would just be a device which textures a particular face, like a texture change HUD for the fabric areas on a piece of furniture.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.