Name changes and "Super Duper" Premium postponed again

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I thought we were at least partially "in the cloud" now. I believe it has been stated officially that some areas have been moved awhile ago. These days I am seeing a LOT of gray -- even with only one avatar on. The FPS are great -- especially in my new sim, but lots and lots of gray which has not been my norm for years.   Maybe one of the techier folks can confirm.  

assets are on aws,  cdn is content delivery network and if that's slow, the closets one to you,  it would make things load slow.   aws/cdn are 2 different setups and 2 different companies, so depending on the route to you from the cdn, it could be causing it.

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Premium now costs $99/year and the fees for selling have gone up also.  Oh and the L$1000 comes after 45 days, though that does not impact the $$ stuff.

As to selling the L$16,600 - Currently, I'd probably do the sell at L$260/USD.  

After fees, the web page tells me that I'd get $63.11.  

$99 - 63.11 = $32.89 net cost of Premium, if paid yearly and if you save all stipends/bonus and cash it out.  That comes out to roughly $2.74 per month or 9 cents per day.  So it is now a bit more expensive that it used to be.   

As to the 'Yes, but that refund is in L$! Well, I would submit if you're not spending that anyway then you're not really participating much': 

1) There are actually plenty of people that would not necessarily spend it - maybe because they earn money in SL and they earn enough to cover their spending. Not spending the L$ that LL gives you back does not necessarily equate to "you are not really participating much".

2) If you don't save it, but instead spend it AND if you would normally buy that much or more, then the Premium cost is still being offset because that is 16,600 less L$ that you now have to buy for the year.

Another issue that I forgot to mention is that quite a few (of MY friends anyway) use the stipend to pay their next year's tier. For those of us no longer converting lindens to USD because of our Tilia objections --  that means we have to pay in DOLLARS each year and not in lindens.  Hence I will be going back to basic along with Lani this Spring.   

I have a ton (a big ton) of Lindens but I have no reason to pay $8.50 a month simply to get into events quicker (they are getting pretty easy to get into as it is lately) or to keep my Linden home.    I know others in this same mode but certainly some folks will keep their USD payment for membership because they want to keep their Belli plot. We each decide what works for us. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.