Jump to content

Name changes and "Super Duper" Premium postponed again


Chic Aeon
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

it says "Name Changes will be exclusively for Premium members at an additional fee.
Changing one or both of your First and Last Name will be available as a single transaction.
Last Names will be picked from a list, which you can help us curate.",
why not use the Sansar naming convention, I gave my name as "Sai  Jinhua" which is what I wanted when I joined SL?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, SaiJinhua said:
Last Names will be picked from a list, which you can help us curate.",
why not use the Sansar naming convention, I gave my name as "Sai  Jinhua" which is what I wanted when I joined SL?

where where can I contribute to this list?!

I gotz ideaz.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The most recent premium price hike (combined with no benefit increase) was enough for me to cancel my premium.

 

Can't say i'll be looking to upgrade to any level of premium membership anytime soon. For a start, the stipend has been 300L$ for as long as I can remember ... and every time LL does a membership "special" the L$ reward has always been L$1000 and as for name changes ? ... meh, i'm happy being a Phenomena

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

I don't pay much attention to what LL says, because they seldom follow through and rarely do so well.  

If that's how you feel, why are you here? If nothing LL does is good enough for you, it seems rather silly for you to use the platform. I hate mushrooms so I don't eat mushrooms. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

If that's how you feel, why are you here? If nothing LL does is good enough for you, it seems rather silly for you to use the platform. I hate mushrooms so I don't eat mushrooms. 

For the same reason I go to McDonalds despite the service seldom being friendly.  I didn't nothing they do is good enough.  I said they constantly fail to follow through as promised.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/14/2019 at 10:35 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

You want me to get 'Elite Super Premium Epic First Class I'm Better Than You Noobs Mode' or whatever there's basically one trick I can think of that would do it in a heartbeat:

1. Let me fold all my alts into one account and merge all their inventories - usable between them at will.

In other words....

Like your typical modern MMO... give me an account and then the ability to make 'characters' with it, and have my 'assets' tied to the account, NOT the characters.

- Do that, and I'm there.

 

 

This.

$15.99 a month is about the going rate for this type of subscription in a typical MMO.

I'd pay $15.99 to LL in a skinny minute to be able to have my alts on one account and sharing inventory. I have that in on of the major and most well done MMO's. To be honest I've shifted a lot of my in-game currency purchasing to that same MMO. All of my characters share housing (full control of all properties) and inventory. All bound items are shared between all characters. All inventory, including premium items I've purchased are shared. I can wear the same premium pieces of my wardrobe on more than one character at the same time. All in-game currency purchased items are shared between my twelve characters.

I'd love to see this in SL. I'd pay more for my monthly and most likely shift all of my spending back to SL.

Edited by Leannyn
spelling
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The thing would pay more for above all others is better performance. I get sooooo tired of waiting for things to load. What puzzles me is that sometimes, about a fifth of the time, it's fast. Anyway, I would pay well for a premium feature that gave me better server performance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, frankjwilson said:

The thing would pay more for above all others is better performance. I get sooooo tired of waiting for things to load. What puzzles me is that sometimes, about a fifth of the time, it's fast. Anyway, I would pay well for a premium feature that gave me better server performance.

You could always check with your ISP to see if you can pay for more bandwidth / faster download speed.  I got a huge boost in performance when we upgraded ours to 500mb download and we are now looking at going to 1gb.

SL performance is more controlled by your computer and ISP than anything else -- well, that and how optimized the content is.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You could always check with your ISP to see if you can pay for more bandwidth / faster download speed.  I got a huge boost in performance when we upgraded ours to 500mb download and we are now looking at going to 1gb.

SL performance is more controlled by your computer and ISP than anything else -- well, that and how optimized the content is.

I am thinking that it is more likely the graphics card or the system as a whole rather than the bandwidth. I rarely have waiting issues and when I do they aren't for long.  But glad SOME folks have speedy connections. There are people in Sansar that live out on dirt roads almost off the grid and still do OK - LOL.  Determination I guess is key.    LOL

 

image.png.af422970bb1400d1c097880180ae92c6.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

Just a reminder to folks... Premium currently only costs you about $6/year.. yes a YEAR!!

Holly Carp folks...  50 cents a month and people are kibitzing about the cost?

Well, for me I highly applaud the Lindens keeping things active and making more exciting changes!

NOTE: Premium costs $72/year, Lindens gives you back a $1000L bonus after 30 days, PLUS $300L a week stipend.
Math:
$72/year
Yearly refund from Lindens = 1,000L$ + 300L$x52 = 16,600L$ = $66.40 (assume 250L$/USD)
$72 - $66.40 = $5.60

Yes, but that refund is in L$! Well, I would submit if you're not spending that anyway then you're not really participating much, but hey, YMMV
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shandon Loring said:

Just a reminder to folks... Premium currently only costs you about $6/year.. yes a YEAR!!

Holly Carp folks...  50 cents a month and people are kibitzing about the cost?

Well, for me I highly applaud the Lindens keeping things active and making more exciting changes!

NOTE: Premium costs $72/year, Lindens gives you back a $1000L bonus after 30 days, PLUS $300L a week stipend.
Math:
$72/year
Yearly refund from Lindens = 1,000L$ + 300L$x52 = 16,600L$ = $66.40 (assume 250L$/USD)
$72 - $66.40 = $5.60

Yes, but that refund is in L$! Well, I would submit if you're not spending that anyway then you're not really participating much, but hey, YMMV
 

Premium now costs $99/year and the fees for selling have gone up also.  Oh and the L$1000 comes after 45 days, though that does not impact the $$ stuff.

As to selling the L$16,600 - Currently, I'd probably do the sell at L$260/USD.  

After fees, the web page tells me that I'd get $63.11.  

$99 - 63.11 = $32.89 net cost of Premium, if paid yearly and if you save all stipends/bonus and cash it out.  That comes out to roughly $2.74 per month or 9 cents per day.  So it is now a bit more expensive that it used to be.   

 

As to the 'Yes, but that refund is in L$! Well, I would submit if you're not spending that anyway then you're not really participating much': 

1) There are actually plenty of people that would not necessarily spend it - maybe because they earn money in SL and they earn enough to cover their spending. Not spending the L$ that LL gives you back does not necessarily equate to "you are not really participating much".

2) If you don't save it, but instead spend it AND if you would normally buy that much or more, then the Premium cost is still being offset because that is 16,600 less L$ that you now have to buy for the year.

 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

$99 - 63.11 = $32.89 net cost of Premium, if paid yearly and if you save all stipends/bonus and cash it out.  That comes out to roughly $2.74 per month or 9 cents per day.  So it is now a bit more expensive that it used to be. 

And that BONUS is only for new premium members so doesn't add in after the first membership fee.    AND to be "fair" with the rate that the linden dollar is going down and the fees are going up there is no real reason to believe that this current figure will be valid in a year when fees are due again (if you do annual).   So still not all that expensive but definitely not the deal that it once was :D.    

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/9/2019 at 2:26 PM, frankjwilson said:

The thing would pay more for above all others is better performance. I get sooooo tired of waiting for things to load. What puzzles me is that sometimes, about a fifth of the time, it's fast. Anyway, I would pay well for a premium feature that gave me better server performance.

LL runs top of the line servers on their own private fiber ring that has connections to major backbones and the asset servers are on aws along with some other service at this time,  Their machines are not the cause.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

LL runs top of the line servers on their own private fiber ring that has connections to major backbones and the asset servers are on aws along with some other service at this time,  Their machines are not the cause.

I thought we were at least partially "in the cloud" now. I believe it has been stated officially that some areas have been moved awhile ago. These days I am seeing a LOT of gray -- even with only one avatar on. The FPS are great -- especially in my new sim, but lots and lots of gray which has not been my norm for years.   Maybe one of the techier folks can confirm.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...