Name changes and "Super Duper" Premium postponed again

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's very simple.  Will what the premium plus offer of value to justify the increased cost to the consumer.  I can only speak for myself.  Extra tier free land would be nice but is the cost less than merely increasing my existing tier?  An increased stipend is nice but would it be enough to balance the membership cost increase?  More groups, who cares.  Not worth what I'm paying now.  Last name?  I have a perfectly good last name.  There is no need to change it.  Priority for a home in Belli (meaning not having to deal with the impossible situation they created that now exists for the people who want one)?  No thank you.  I don't like Belli one little bit, neither the architecture nor the covenant. If you want a home in Belli you don't have me to compete with.

So, unless the Lab comes up with some sort of very good deal, I can't see going the premium plus route.

23 hours ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

I just noticed in that blog that the Lindens will start charging to post events when they redo the event thing.

As for the name change thing, they probably need to still work out things, maybe to keep it from being abused when it's finally launched.

Charging for event postings? WOW. Can't get half the venue owners to post to events and now we expect them to pay for doing so?

• Like 1

It could also be that premium plus ends up just some very minor benefit for just a very minor price increase, and ends up being quickly thought of as just a minor perk to consider.

- It would probably actually be better the smaller the difference is between premium and premium plus.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

On 11/14/2019 at 10:35 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

Like your typical modern MMO... give me an account and then the ability to make 'characters' with it, and have my 'assets' tied to the account, NOT the characters.

The other side of that would be useful, too - the ability for one character to have multiple "bank accounts" and "land ownership accounts". Landlords and major merchants currently need to use different characters to manage their assets.

2 hours ago, Adam Spark said:

Charging for event postings? WOW. Can't get half the venue owners to post to events and now we expect them to pay for doing so?

I actually love that idea.  My theory is that venue owners don't post their real events because they feel its pointless when lost among all the adult clubs. rentals,  and other crap, advertising non events that completely consume the whole events calendar.  Some of the absolute rubbish posted these days makes it completely useless.  10$ for a real event lasting 1 hour is something I would have happily paid back in my club owner days if it meant weeding out the rubbish.  Being able to easily flag these thinly disguised non events would be great too.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I actually love that idea.  My theory is that venue owners don't post their real events because they feel its pointless when lost among all the adult clubs. rentals,  and other crap, advertising non events that completely consume the whole events calendar.  Some of the absolute rubbish posted these days makes it completely useless.  10$ for a real event lasting 1 hour is something I would have happily paid back in my club owner days if it meant weeding out the rubbish.  Being able to easily flag these thinly disguised non events would be great too.  

i think it should be the other way round .. not charge for placing a event but every time there's a fake event charge the owner in a progressive rate .. first 100, second 500 third 1000  and 4th a suspension ( as forum punishment works) , that doesn't hurt the good guys and the others will skip it very soon. And only owners are able to put in a event, to prevent they hire advertisers as they do on the forums.
With current amount of advertised events a controller for this job would earn back his weekly payment in a hour.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

If there was an "always get into a full sim" benefit to Premium Plus, would that be appealing enough to buy into it?

I'm mostly asking the shopaholics. 🙂

Not really, because current premium already puts you at the front of the line and tools like TP Hammer fill-in any gap. I've never hated more than 5 minutes in the absolutely worst-case scenarios. And other than what I can count on one hand, most "events," even those that fill-up that quickly, are an utter disappointment for many people these days.

So... as my mind percolates on the OP message, if Premium Plus is postponed until after Name Changing ability, it tends to led one to the conclusion that Name Changing will either be free for Premium Plus or only available with Premium Plus. Was this mentioned already? If not then why not? LOL

For me, this would not be enough to entice to go full throttle on Premium. It would depend massively upon whatever else the Plus plusses to existing benefits beyond this.

• The Place Order button has been moved to the top of the advert listing page when ordering L$0 items, to make completing the order quicker.
  • Filters for removing demo and / or limited items / gachas from Marketplace searches are very close to being ready for deployment.

I'm not if anyone mentioned these marketplace tweaks. This would be really welcome to me as a shopper!

11 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

So... as my mind percolates on the OP message, if Premium Plus is postponed until after Name Changing ability, it tends to led one to the conclusion that Name Changing will either be free for Premium Plus or only available with Premium Plus. Was this mentioned already? If not then why not? LOL

Could be, or maybe it avoids redoing a chunk of coding that the name change would create in the PPlus account?

• Like 2

current Premium benefits are going to be “even better” for Premium Plus

So bascially more of the benefits you currently have. Hmmm - for me that would have to mean more stipend and more land (not much else I'll be bothered about having more of). The thing that would really tempt me would be having increased land with free tier. It would depend on how much more the Premium Plus subscription would be though. The price is steeper now for Premium, so benefits for Plus would need to be such that I could justify the additional cost.

If anyone wants to listen to the actual meeting you can find it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlbF4gDqMAo

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

No, Grumpity Linden said in the meeting that all Premium accounts will have name change options, just at different price points (about 24:00 in the video).

59 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

No, Grumpity Linden said in the meeting that all Premium accounts will have name change options, just at different price points (about 24:00 in the video).

So "free" is a price point - Plus may including it at free or significantly below the basic premium rate. Either way, I'm not sure how often people would change their names  - even Display names aren't really changed that often.

On 11/16/2019 at 3:23 PM, Alyona Su said:

So "free" is a price point - Plus may including it at free or significantly below the basic premium rate. Either way, I'm not sure how often people would change their names  - even Display names aren't really changed that often.

If I could change my display name twice a day, I would totally do that. Every time I put on a different fantasy avatar, or switch between male and female, I'd change my name to match it. The only reason I don't bother is because I can only do one name change a week. I never ever stick with one fantasy avatar, or even one gender, for that long.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matty Luminos said:

If I could change my display name twice a day, I would totally do that. Every time I put on a different fantasy avatar, or switch between male and female, I'd change my name to match it. The only reason I don't bother is because I can only do one name change a week. I never ever stick with one fantasy avatar, or even one gender, for that long.

You are the exception to the rule of numbers. As for the once-a-week thing, I'm sure you know well, is to prevent abuse. The reason I believe most people change their Display Name not-so often is because I use Catznip viewer, which still uses the web profiles. On web profiles the first thing you see is their (profile) activity. And often the most recent activity is "...changed their display name." - and most often it's "...months...," or  sometimes "...years ago." In fact it's rarely ever  less than a month, more often 6 months or more ago.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

We now stand at 607 days since they announced "the return of last names...". Why even worry about what it costs when it's becoming clear they can't even figure out how do it? They could make it free or charge a millionbazillion dollars and it wouldn't matter since it doesn't exist.

15-5.gif.f48611c1e1b6c9e351e23a320cea542f.gif

• Like 3

On 11/16/2019 at 6:22 AM, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Agreed that was the plan. But we well know that what is said frequently doesn't come to pass. We never EVER got a transcription of the Tilia video and the folks that didn't speak English only had the Tilia Knowledge base article in ENGLISH to look at. It was after the fact eventually translated into various languages.  This was a legal document (well in theory) that people were asked to sign without being able to read it in their own language.  

Found this record on my blog. 

image.png.94b95c924591bd4971e7b18558d373a6.png

If the name change ever happens I do believe it will be for all Premium folks since that makes the most monetary sense, but  my trust level is pretty low at this point.  So whatever happens -- happens WHEN it happens in my book.   For the folks that have been waiting almost two years, I hope they get a chance on a last name (or a new one). 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.