Making SL more welcoming to males

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Not cool. You're judging an individual on the actions of a group the individual isn't really a part of. Not cool at all. And before you try to turn that around on me, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Will .. you ... please .. calm ... down .. woman  *sighs*

I really learned my lesson here about stating the unmentionable obvious and am gone (again).

Edited by TDD123

3 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

Will .. you ... please .. calm ... down .. woman  *sighs*

I really learned my lesson here about stating the unmentionable obvious and am gone (again).

Who is agitated? If I got any calmer I'd be asleep. Mellow out, dude. You're jumping to false conclusions. 

Women are moody? Sheesh!

Here... you need this more than I do. hookah.gif.ca5a3247917f523bc86981868a470f12.gif

• Haha 1

And we came full circle: A thread started by someone complaining about how Second Life inworld is definitly rigged against male users (so much, that it apperently hits discriminatory levels, so we must be doing something to get more male users...because for some reasons there aren't enough and this is bad and something, something...lack of male clothes!), evolved into a thread about some male users complaining that the Second Life Forum is rigged against male users TOO!

Until this thread I wasn't aware that women magically managed to archieve some ultimate power, inworld and on the forums. Did I miss that memo? Do I get a crown of dominance? Shall we have a weekly thread, where we discuss how we can bully more men out of SL?

Edited by Syo Emerald
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I don't know anything about this guy, but if he went around denigrating black people, say if he used the N-word all the time, would you still be willing to accept the good parts of him and defend him by saying he just has a "crappy opinion" on some "topics" ?

I've never heard him denigrate anyone on the basis of race, gender, or any other factor outside of a person's control. The crappy opinion I had in mind was something completely different that I personally disagreed with, and had nothing to do with gender, etc. Since you don't know anything about the guy (and this is a side issue to the thread) I won't go into details. Hope that answers your question.

15 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Or you could just say what you mean instead of tediously beating around the bush. 

giphy.gif.6bf18f58e2b5c807594d099edef0a490.gif

Hmmm.. already feels like real sex, but sounds like foreplay. Might feel welcome here after all. Just don' t tell me you have a headache right now .. :P

Edited by TDD123
foreplay

• Moderators

I see this has gone back down into the weeds of interpersonal disputes, so it's musical thread lock time. Fortunately, the thesis of this thread has given me inspiration.

Time to lock this thread now
The discussion's done
Don't be sad it's ending
There will be more fun

I know at times the topic's tense
And you don't know just what to do

Fellas, I have some locking to do

Tranquil in the forums
That's the goal, the end
Following the Standards
Keeps your comments in

Sometimes unkind words have made us fought
And a thread is just kinda doomed

That's why I have some locking to dooooooooooooo

'Cause this thread
Ran its course like a river
'Cause this thread
Stirred up fights like a great typhoon
'Cause this thread
Has been flaring up like a fire
Maybe we bit off a bit more than we could cheeeeeeeeeew

image.png.9dd4768b21d46cbce9d25e1c7d2b0230.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.