Making SL more welcoming to males

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Saunters in to skim over the thread as it's once gain marked as 'HOT!'...

ValidLightheartedAtlanticspadefish-size_

Though it is nice to see that there's discourse on the topic of rhetoric, I guess. Perhaps not the most constructive, but ... Progress?

Edited by Orwar
Mucked up gif link!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Saunters in to skim over the thread as it's once gain marked as 'HOT!'...

Though it is nice to see that there's discourse on the topic of rhetoric, I guess. Perhaps not the most constructive, but ... Progress?

Blame it on Ayela .. ;) (whilst knowing to blame Scylla :P )

Edited by TDD123

dear lords. I've tried to keep up with this thread, but I'm now confused as to how any of the last few pages deal with the original topic.  Honestly, I think the original topic got lost within the first few pages.   umm... Carry on, I guess?

giphy.gif

Edited by Catrie
messed up .gif link. lol

I think it may be a cognate of Godwin's Law...you know, the one that states "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1".

But in OUR forums, at least recently, the end state appears to be transphobia.

3 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Welcome to the " I'm offended and you' re a big bad excluded disposable bully, because you don' t cry like me ! " - generation .. :|

Edited by TDD123

5 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I think it may be a cognate of Godwin's Law...you know, the one that states "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1".

I can't see that in anyone's post.  Did I miss something?

4 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Males seem to have only a chance of survival in SL as a whole if feminizing themselves in any way possible, which of course to real men lowers the incentive to participate in SL at all.

This thread shows it all.

Yes. I brought it home (again) .

ETA : Mind you, glanced over the other pages only and not even starting to look over all these tl:dr's.

Edited by TDD123

5 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:
11 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

5 instances of that word per search engine.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

But what about the chickens? Will no one think of the chickens?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, TDD123 said:

Nothing. Resting one' s case is not gender specific.

I thought your case was... 

11 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

Males seem to have only a chance of survival in SL as a whole if feminizing themselves in any way possible

I know you're just trolling this thread but you've yet to offer any evidence of that particular line. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

But what about the chickens? Will no one think of the chickens?

Hell, woman .. what do you mean ? This whole damn thread reeks of chicks only !!

I got lured into here and need to get back out.

Edited by TDD123
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Sorry, @Desiree Moonwinder, I could have been clearer in what I said.  I was trying to convey the fact that I had not seen anyone demonstrate transphobia in what they said, not remark on the mere instance of the word.

Perhaps I should have been clearer, too.  Godwin's Law does not require that a poster BE a Nazi, or espouse fascism.  Only that someone's post compares another's viewpoint or position to Nazis or Hitler.  Similarly, my observation was not that anyone here was transphobic, or espousing that view.  But there IS a very heated discussion about gender, sex, and societal norms regarding same going on here.  The same discussion has arisen in several other threads lately.  Hence, my comparison.

EDIT:  Oh...and

2596590-ibtl00183f.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I thought your case was... 

I know you're just trolling this thread but you've yet to offer any evidence of that particular line. 

Calling me a troll for these remarks I made, is the obvious elephant in the room here. ;)

Just now, TDD123 said:

Calling me a troll for these remarks I made, is the obvious elephant in the room here. ;)

Why? I haven't had my coffee yet this morning and my eyes are still blurry so I might be missing some coherent statements you've made about making SL more welcoming for the menfolk, but I don't recall anything in between the meme storm. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.