Bree Giffen

Making SL more welcoming to males

...wonders how to hide her password from the Prime Persona.  Eek!

Screen-Shot-2012-11-25-at-12.24.52-AM.pn

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

...wonders how to hide her password from the Prime Persona.  Eek!

Screen-Shot-2012-11-25-at-12.24.52-AM.pn

4 hours ago, Lynnette Weston said:

Funny, I was just wondering the same thing.

The truth is . . . we are all alts of Maddy.

Even the men in this thread. Maddy loves generating drama.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The truth is . . . we are all alts of Maddy.

Even the men in this thread. Maddy loves generating drama.

....sets you on fire.

• Haha 3

I wanted to add something with the debate : talking in Private (IM) against public (Nearby chat)

When I talk in public, often have the the impression that there is no reaction and I am talking alone. After a while that makes me really strange to continue talking to 'everybody' in fact talking to 'nobody' or talking to myself.

When I talk in IM the chance I have a response is higher. Depending of the context the chance is 85% to 10%. That means statisticaly I need in the worst case to do 10 try to get one.  It is not as bad.  But I know that I have sometimes a unluck to have 9 failed against 1 win.  It is part of the game. I gues who is willing to play. I guess it to myself who is willing to talk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lureo said:

When I talk in public, often have the the impression that there is no reaction and I am talking alone. After a while that makes me really strange to continue talking to 'everybody' in fact talking to 'nobody' or talking to myself.

That's not a male problem but a people problem. If people listen to you depends mostly at who you are, where you are .. if there is the right audience and of course it's about what you are saying and if it's the right time. Right now, i wouldn't react to any approach as i am still on my 1st coffee .. and i need one more. Besides that, i rather find someone interesting to talk too as that i try to entertain an unknown crowd.

Edited by Conall DeCuir
typo

In addition to my previous post i would also say, that clubs like Muddy's as example will serve better for light hearted chatter than Franks or any other formal venue. 

On 11/19/2019 at 8:58 PM, Tarina Sewell said:

Why is it you think that there are so many bdsm and gor players in sl?

Because there is no free press inworld or on the forums.

With a free press, you could report on violent and terrible behaviour freely, and call out people and businesses by name, which is not allowed on the forums.

You could copy chat and publish it.

These are basics that would be required to raise public awareness and consciousness about reprehensible activities such as "capture roleplay" or worse. It shouldn't be socially acceptable to simulate rape. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lureo said:

I wanted to add something with the debate : talking in Private (IM) against public (Nearby chat)

When I talk in IM the chance I have a response is higher. Depending of the context the chance is 85% to 10%. That means statisticaly I need in the worst case to do 10 try to get one.  It is not as bad.  But I know that I have sometimes a unluck to have 9 failed against 1 win.  It is part of the game. I gues who is willing to play. I guess it to myself who is willing to talk.

I assume you are describing a males perspective, but i want to add, that this is more like a general "problem". Public chats seems to be less used over the last decade, for what i have experienced. No matter if a newbie-ish male avatar says "hi" in a public place with some avatars around, or a hips wiggling busty blonde - the reaction is mostly close to zero.
Maybe the curvy girl gets more IMs after she said "Hi" in public chat, because of... non intelectual reasons, maybe. But what do i know!?

37 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

These are basics that would be required to raise public awareness and consciousness about reprehensible activities such as "capture roleplay" or worse. It shouldn't be socially acceptable to simulate rape. 

And right after you can start to burn all the books like 50 Shades of Grey and other 'romance novels' because that should then also be not anymore socially acceptable. You basically loose the right to act as an adult and decide what you want to consent too. Big Brother will consent for you.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Prokofy Neva said:

With a free press, you could report on violent and terrible behaviour freely, and call out people and businesses by name, which is not allowed on the forums.

You say that, as if BDSM and roleplay wouldn't exist in RL. I assume you also believe only bad people enjoy this and all the good, upright citizen have no idea what a kink is and would never ever engage in behavior, that is strictly bound to the bedroom.

And by copying chat, you mean that the private fun of Mr. and Mrs. X (which is nobodys business) isn't socially acceptable, but spying on people and dragging their private encounter out on the virtual market square is perfectly socially acceptable behavior? Which (even if you were allowed to do that on this forum) wouldn't create the outrage you hope for. You get a yawn at best and would build a pretty terrible reputation for yourself. Don't you think we are all aware about SLs huge adult/kink side? We have people posting pictures of themselves in latext fetish outfits in the Vanity and "how do you look like today" thread. Who do you think you can shame and blackmail here?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

On November 16, 2019 at 8:06 PM, Alazarin Mondrian said:

Here's one sure-fire way to get most men's attention:

Blackjack and Hookers-01.jpg

So SL needs more blackjack.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Ah yes, the free press that says exactly what you want it to say.

Copy and publish chat - why not?  Who cares about privacy and trust, after all?

I rather think the public is well aware of what's on offer and are within their rights to go and seek it out free from interference and judgement*.  I loathe Gor, and BDSM has no appeal for me, but it's none of my business who does enjoy that kind of thing.  Go ahead, just don't do it in my face.  I could have put that better, I know. :D 

Tiw's wound, we're well off topic, and I apologise to the OP, but I had to respond to this abhorrence.

* Of course I am excluding anything to do with minors.

• Like 5

Tilted towards feminine?  I suppose it depends on how you define "tilted". 

Setting aside the speculation about a large percentage of female avatars being run by male RL humans, there certainly seem to be more female avatars than male, but most of the biggest places cater to the sexual appetites of men.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Nor could there be, and asking for one is simply foolish.  The SL world is "owned" and there is no way a truly free press could exist when quite literally the printing presses and airwaves are owned by a vested corporate interest.  If your misguided crusade against Gor were to result in a significant loss of premium members, you can bet the "publisher" of your little free press would shut you down right quick. 

You don't want a "free press", Prok, you simply want a bigger soap box on which to stand to spew your viewpoint and to "shame" those you disagree with.  Very Stalinist of you.

"From 1973 through 2008, nine surveys of women's rape fantasies have been published. They show that about four in 10 women admit having them (31 to 57 percent) with a median frequency of about once a month. The actual prevalence of rape fantasies is probably higher because women may not feel comfortable admitting them. " 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/all-about-sex/201001/womens-rape-fantasies-how-common-what-do-they-mean

It took me under a minute to google that information, a very minimal amount or work to find information from a credible source on a subject you seem to be incensed about.  Perhaps you should try it before condemning people.  The percentage of women with rape fantasies is around 10 times the percentage who identify as homosexual, yet to you it's something to be publicly shamed.  Why?  40 years ago, people like you did exactly the same to people who came out as gay, and here you are engaging in the same thing. Fortunately, most of us have evolved enough to not condemn people for engaging in consensual actions that do not affect us.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Scylla, trolling!?

That's so totally, unbelievably, laughably off the wall.

Yes, she posts here a lot.  And most of her posts are insightful, clever, and downright funny. 

I am not one of Scylla's Forum Warriors, but if I ever find a recruiting office, I'm joining up.

Wait, Scylla is still alive?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

Wait, Scylla is still alive?

Don't believe everything you read online, Tolya. You know better than that!

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

Heyyyy

Wait, you're still alive?

17 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

Now my competitive nature has kicked in and I must be #1!

Catch me if you can, old man!

(Welcome back, Tolya!)

25 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

Heyyyy there's reputation points?

Dammit!

Now my competitive nature has kicked in and I must be #1!

Only 16,240 more, and you'll have caught up with me.

Shouldn't be a problem, right?