Color Space on SL snapshots saved to disk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been wondering, maybe someone knows, when we take a snapshot in world, what is the color space if save as a png? I know 'web browsers" use sRGB, but I don't know if the SL viewer is limited to the sRGB color space. I have experimented bringing into PS with an assigned color space,  and it does appear that no color space is assigned to the image saved from sl. There is also a huge difference when assigning the image a sRGB color space or the Adobe 1998 RGB colorspace. Yes, it does have to be converted to srgb to properly display on the web, but editing in a wider gaumit  has its advantages. I guess the main technical question is does the SL viewer display only sRGB like browsers,  or does it use a much wider color spectrum?

I don't know what color space the SL viewer uses, but it does request one. If I switch color spaces on my Mac, my desktop image reflects the change but the SL viewer doesn't. If I take a snapshot of a scene, it will not look like what I see live in the viewer, regardless of any color space reassignment I make in the editor. I've never been able to figure out just what's going on, but if I really like something I see in my viewer, I don't take a viewer snapshot, I take an OS screen shot.

from whatI been able to tell, as long as it is saved as a png, it has no assigned profile . when i make the working space sRGB in PS and check ask when opening, it will pop up and ask if i want to assign sRGB to the image. I have also experimented on the same photo and it is a pretty big difference in saturation levels between a adobeRGB and sRGB. I never gave it much thought till i was watching a youtube vid on color spaces, as I had always imported the files to the working color space space was sRGB by default;t

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.