Group Land Question

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I never seem to "get" this so asking again  to make sure.

Sold our group land finally.

Now four tier donations go together in the group and only the 400 square meter "bonus" is being used. 

Question: Do we need to wait a month to take back our donations from the land group or can three people  do it now  and not get charged a fee as long as no one buys any land on their own?   Last time there was a group change one person left  and took away her tier donation but wasn't able to buy any land or bid on auction land without incurring a fee for a month.  No one is planning on buying any land at the moment. 

So the tier those three folks take BACK would just get charged to them as group owners for the previous month? But they would still have their free 1024 tier allotment so there would be no actually USD charge?  There may be one person keeping up premium but the rest are going back to basic --- but not for some months from now. 

The person using the 400 meter plot would keep his tier donation with the group for now to cover that. 

Not sure why this all makes my head spin, but I am better at it than the other guys.  Thanks for answering. 

42 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Now four tier donations go together in the group and only the 400 square meter "bonus" is being used. 

Question: Do we need to wait a month to take back our donations from the land group or can three people  do it now  and not get charged a fee as long as no one buys any land on their own?   Last time there was a group change one person left  and took away her tier donation but wasn't able to buy any land or bid on auction land without incurring a fee for a month.  No one is planning on buying any land at the moment. 

So the tier those three folks take BACK would just get charged to them as group owners for the previous month? But they would still have their free 1024 tier allotment so there would be no actually USD charge?  There may be one person keeping up premium but the rest are going back to basic --- but not for some months from now. 

The person using the 400 meter plot would keep his tier donation with the group for now to cover that. 

Not sure why this all makes my head spin, but I am better at it than the other guys.  Thanks for answering. 

I’m gathering that the 4 accounts were all donating their 1024 sqm allowance. If they have no other held land or contributed sqm to any other groups, three can withdraw their contribution to the group and have their 1024 sqm allocation available once again. The 4th account would need to keep a donation of allowance to the group in order to cover the 400 sqm that the group still owns. In this situation, no fee other than your premium account fee is charged.

The fact that you’re asking about being charged a fee, suggests that the 4 accounts have maybe a Linden Home each and the contribution of 1024 sqm to the group requires each account to be paying the extra monthly tier allowance for a further 1024 sqm. In this case you need to remember that you will be charged for that if at any point in the individual’s monthly time period, the account either held land or donated the allowance to a group. Even if the group receiving the donation held no land, the donating account is charged as if land were held. Have a look at each account’s Account Summary and you’ll be able to see the date that each account has to pay for their extra tier. If no land other than the 1024 sqm you get for being premium is held, and there are no contributions to groups, since the last payment was made, you will not incur the charge.

Hope this helps :)

• Thanks 1

On 11/14/2019 at 8:34 AM, Chic Aeon said:

She didn't have a premium account? That 1024 should stay with her as long as her account is paid, and if she withdraws it from a group, as soon as she refreshes the web site page she will see it as available again.

But tier is always billed in advance. So in a month, you are billed for all the tier you used that month, it's highest level, regardless of whether on day 2 of that month, you withdrew tier from a project and didn't use it again.

2 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

She didn't have a premium account? That 1024 should stay with her as long as her account is paid, and if she withdraws it from a group, as soon as she refreshes the web site page she will see it as available again.

But tier is always billed in advance. So in a month, you are billed for all the tier you used that month, it's highest level, regardless of whether on day 2 of that month, you withdrew tier from a project and didn't use it again.

Thanks. Knew about the past month stuff. 

LAST time any of us did this "group to private" thing, the person that left the group, took out their donation.  BUT they were not able to buy land, bid at auction or get a Linden Home for a full month (exactly) AFTER they left.   So sometimes the "theory" and the "practice" don't coincide :D.  That was actually a better plan in my eyes than charging the remaining officers the amount of her tier (7 US I guess now).  

What I (we) are doing this time is waiting a month before taking out donation so that no one gets charged.  It isn't a huge amount but I cannot pay with lindens or cash in lindens (Tilia) and have no desire to pay out of pocket when that hasn't been the case in  -- well ever.   

Our plan  may not be necessary but I have seen too many folks caught on this kind of thing. Sometimes the rules change when we are not looking. Sometimes the rules are not clear.   So mid month NEXT month folks can go on their way. Only one is interested in a Linden home and the others are going back to basic soon.      I used my personal tier on a Linden Home and will keep that until I go back to basic in the Spring OR I will keep it in case they decide to let us pay from membership with Lindens (possible but who knows how likely).

Thanks for the comment!

4 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Thanks. Knew about the past month stuff. 

LAST time any of us did this "group to private" thing, the person that left the group, took out their donation.  BUT they were not able to buy land, bid at auction or get a Linden Home for a full month (exactly) AFTER they left.   So sometimes the "theory" and the "practice" don't coincide :D.  That was actually a better plan in my eyes than charging the remaining officers the amount of her tier (7 US I guess now).  

What I (we) are doing this time is waiting a month before taking out donation so that no one gets charged.  It isn't a huge amount but I cannot pay with lindens or cash in lindens (Tilia) and have no desire to pay out of pocket when that hasn't been the case in  -- well ever.   

Our plan  may not be necessary but I have seen too many folks caught on this kind of thing. Sometimes the rules change when we are not looking. Sometimes the rules are not clear.   So mid month NEXT month folks can go on their way. Only one is interested in a Linden home and the others are going back to basic soon.      I used my personal tier on a Linden Home and will keep that until I go back to basic in the Spring OR I will keep it in case they decide to let us pay from membership with Lindens (possible but who knows how likely).

Thanks for the comment!

Well, it isn't just "theory" that doesn't work; it *doesn't* work that way. I have alts that sometimes put in 1024 when they need to because a tenant has pulled out; when they pull it out it is available and they can put it in another group, or take land as an individual and sell it; or cancel the premium (and there, once you *cancel the premium* even though your account isn't over yet, you can't use the 1024).

I have literally done all those things recently; got a Linden home and abandoned it; immediately applied that tier to a group; taken that tier out of a group and put it on land as an individual to sell as an individual etc. 

So the question is *whether you canceled the premium account*; if you didn't, that 1024 is available immediately to be used elsewhere. If somehow it isn't, you shouldn't be waiting months; you should contact support because something isn't working right. So it's expected behavior that canceling the premium, you immediately lose the use of the tier. But merely withdrawing from a group doesn't mean there is some "waiting period". I have never seen that. So you need to get support to fix that.

Occasionally I will see an account of mine that says I have 512 free. But I know I don't have it free; it's taken, in a group. So why is it saying that? I've even asked Lindens, and they don't know, but assure me that no, it's not available if it is in a group. Yes, you have to refresh the page and re-log. You will not see it available without those two actions. But there isn't any mandatory month-long period, truly there isn't. Yes, there are glitches as I just explained. But this is not normal and not required.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

So the question is *whether you canceled the premium account*; if you didn't, that 1024 is available immediately to be used elsewhere. If somehow it isn't, you shouldn't be waiting months; you should contact support because something isn't working right.

The account wasn't canceled back then. And she did actually write to support but got no answer. This mostly about trying to bid at auction (back when the auctions were the old style).  Then "amazingly" everything was "as it should be" once the one month was over. That's all I can say as that is what happened. Plenty of things don't happen as they should and I do see folks all the time saying that it DOES work the way it should. Just not in that case.  Hence leery. It doesn't matter as no one wants to do anything with their tier anyway except the one gal who paid her membership ahead this Summer and has another year of premium now.   

2 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

The account wasn't canceled back then. And she did actually write to support but got no answer. This mostly about trying to bid at auction (back when the auctions were the old style).  Then "amazingly" everything was "as it should be" once the one month was over. That's all I can say as that is what happened. Plenty of things don't happen as they should and I do see folks all the time saying that it DOES work the way it should. Just not in that case.  Hence leery. It doesn't matter as no one wants to do anything with their tier anyway except the one gal who paid her membership ahead this Summer and has another year of premium now.   

Well, no. Plenty of things don't happen "as they shouldn't"; this one thing happened which you are describing, not many. That's not just nit-picking, it's merely pointing out that you can't extrapolate, even if you have "this impression" that there are "lots of other cases".

I could note, for example, that a number of times I simply didn't get the auction to work. I thought I had bid, and even had the highest bid, and in fact it wasn't registering. So yeah, stuff doesn't work. But the reason I am objecting to your portrayal of this is because you are modifying your behavior and waiting a month to do something when ALL YOU KNOW is that: one person didn't get the auction to work. That's it. That's really all you have the facts about.

And yes, I've found the auction doesn't work. But it does work in general because you see all this land selling.

But taking tier out and having it immediately available -- that is something that generally works.

Abuse reports "go nowhere".

But I have never known a ticket about land or your avatar to go "unanswered". It might take 3 weeks to answer. You might have to add a comment and try to nudge them. But they do answer.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.