Removing Mesh Body Parts

KathyGables

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, KathyGables said:

Is there any way to remove body parts in mesh bodies? Specifically I want to remove the tongue in an avatar. It's a long story. Don't ask. Grin.

A tongue is part of the head, not the body (as mesh bodies and heads go) - it will depend on the mesh head you use. I know that Catwa and Genus have separate teeth and tongues, so you can simply just not attach them. Those others are all or nothing. Check the instructional notecard for the mesh head you use.

Also; if you use a system head (no mesh) you can create a texture that alphas out (makes transparent) the tongue, I believe.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

I can't speak for other brands, but with Catwa at least you can hide many parts of the head without having to wear different versions. For example: you can wear the normal head (not the toothless version) and just hide the tongue, or the teeth, or the lacrimal, etc. The toothless version of the head is mainly intended to be worn with add-on teeth (although even then you can still hide the teeth on the normal head; you can just lower the complexity a bit by wearing the toothless head in that case, rather than wearing two sets of teeth with one set hidden).

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.