Resurrecting and old avi from deactivation death

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1579 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been thinking of getting a very old account back to active status but I don't remember the email, password etc and I'm sure, given how old the account is, that the email I used is long gone as well (yay for alt accounts). Does anyone know if there's a way to get that account back given the circumstances? It's not a big deal getting it back fyi lol. I remember Deactivating the account but that's pretty much it. Any help would be great thanks! ❤️

File a ticket.  They're going to reply and ask if you remember what city you were in when you created the avi, and names of avis on your friends list.  I think there are a few other questions but I know the friends list one is for certain.   At least that's the case if your forgot log on info- if you actually deactivated it- then I derno that process.

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko

11 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

File a ticket.  They're going to reply and ask if you remember what city you were in when you created the avi, and names of avis on your friends list.  I think there are a few other questions but I know the friends list one is for certain.   At least that's the case if your forgot log on info- if you actually deactivated it- then I derno that process.

I will try that for sure. I hope I remember enough :(

• Like 1

I did this with my first account, by submitting a support ticket. Provided that you know the account name, and can provide some other info - I provided the names of some friends, and part of the payment info, and part of the email address even though I wasn't sure of the whole address (I knew the first half but wasn't sure if it was a Yahoo or Hotmail account). And that was with an account that hadn't been logged into for 8 years.

But in my case the account was never actually deactivated, it just went dormant because I didn't remember the password. If you have actually deleted it, it's possible that there's nothing left of it to recover. 

If you actually requested that the account be deleted and it has been that long, you really may be out of luck. I remember hearing/reading somewhere that deleted accounts are only kept for some amount of time - a year maybe.  

An account that just has been accessed in a decade would definitely still exist in the system.

24 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If you actually requested that the account be deleted and it has been that long, you really may be out of luck. I remember hearing/reading somewhere that deleted accounts are only kept for some amount of time - a year maybe.  

An account that just has been accessed in a decade would definitely still exist in the system.

I got to talk to someone in support but the issue in me not getting the account back was the questions they asked to verify i'm the owner. It's been soooo long I forgot all the info :(

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

I got my original avatar back after 3 year of deletion and they asked some questions and got it back for me but inventory was wiped out.

Yeah, in thinking about it, because of creations, I don't think they could truly delete an account.  The wiki does say that after a certain amount of time, you likely won't have inventory - so maybe that was where the year or so that I heard about comes into play.

If you had payment info on file, sometimes they'll take a scanned photo of a government ID.  I once cancelled an account that had over 1000 friends on the list, and was unable to answer their friends questions, but I got it back by answering questions about my payment info on file. 

Thanks so much for this thread - I successfully got at least 1 (hopefully 2) of my old accounts back because of it. And my inventory and $L were still there even though its been over a decade! At least... the inventory says its there. Hopefully things will rez (though its all so old its probably laughable now).

They asked me my security question, where I first logged in from, where I last logged in from, and my current account name. Luckily my security questions were both things I could answer 12+ years later.

Edited by Neko Television
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1579 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.