Wearing underwear

Janet Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, AmandaKeen said:

I also always alpha -out my nipples since that annoys the bejeezus out of one guy who’s always cramming under clothing. He has complained to me more than once....

That is creepy to the max.  (Not the alpha'ing, the perv actually complaining.  Ewwwww!)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

If I'm being perved I would like to know. Maybe a pop-up? 🤣

i was inspecting a pair of boots that another person was wearing

they go: you know that I can see your crosshairs on me

and I go: how exciting is this then !!

and they never said anything after that. Which I found to be a little bit disappointing 😸

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, AmandaKeen said:
8 hours ago, BelindaN said:

I usually keep Firestorm set to show me where other people have their cursor. If someone else has their crosshairs where my partner *should* have hers, its visible 🙂

In Firestorm, users can also disable the showing of their cross-hairs, so nobody can figure out where they are looking.  

I have mine disabled to minimize drama.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

In Firestorm, users can also disable the showing of their cross-hairs, so nobody can figure out where they are looking.  

I have mine disabled to minimize drama.

Except most people who turn that on also know to turn their own off so it (laughably to me) cancels itself out. The only ones you'll see are those who use LL viewer or choose not to bother turning it off. (I leave mine on because I figure if you have Look Its turned on, you may as well know I'm ogling you for some reason.)

I've had my LookAt targets disabled, both outgoing and incoming, for years. I'd almost forgotten it was a thing, though I do remember that seeing other people's crosshairs cluttering my screen was a bit distracting.

Gonna turn them both on now, just for a while, to see what I've been missing. 😁

Question about these though - how fine-tuned is it? Does the location of the crosshairs at some point on my body indicate the exact part of my body they're looking at, or does it merely indicate that they are looking at some random part of my avatar?

2 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

I've had my LookAt targets disabled, both outgoing and incoming, for years. I'd almost forgotten it was a thing, though I do remember that seeing other people's crosshairs cluttering my screen was a bit distracting.

Gonna turn them both on now, just for a while, to see what I've been missing. 😁

Question about these though - how fine-tuned is it? Does the location of the crosshairs at some point on my body indicate the exact part of my body they're looking at, or does it merely indicate that they are looking at some random part of my avatar?

When they lock on, I see the crosshairs through my neck with the avi name above my head.

5 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

It's not fine tuned at all.  The crosshairs could appear to be on you, but the person is actually looking at a kiosk or something fifty meters beyond you.  This is one reason the darn crosshairs create Dramah...

"Stop perving me!"
"Huh?  I'm not perving you."
"You are so!  I'm reporting you!!"
"Be my guest, snowflake"

I've conducted very thorough research and determined that most women in SL do not wear underwear.

In retrospect, I should have thanked them for participating in the survey.

... Or asked permission, for that matter.

Edited by Gadget Portal
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Gadget Portal said:

I've conducted very thorough research and determined that most women in SL do no wear underwear.

In retrospect, I should have thanked them for participating in the survey.

... Or asked permission, for that matter.

...snorts wine all over her monitor.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Here is a funny way to find out..

Go to the market place and buy anything that say's,strip me or something similar..Then turn off any access.. Most have some sort of message that will come over your chat.

Try a bikini and go to the beach,grab a beach towel or lounge chair AND JUST WAIT..

I was in tears cracking up this one time.. This guy must have clicked my bikini like 50 times.. He must have thought he was clicking or doing something wrong,because he just wouldn't give up..

My chat was flooded with his effort and determination..

:ph34r:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

It's not fine tuned at all.  The crosshairs could appear to be on you, but the person is actually looking at a kiosk or something fifty meters beyond you.  This is one reason the darn crosshairs create Dramah...

"Stop perving me!"
"Huh?  I'm not perving you."
"You are so!  I'm reporting you!!"
"Be my guest, snowflake"

I think part of that is because people don't understand what the different colours mean. 

6 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Here is a funny way to find out..

Go to the market place and buy anything that say's,strip me or something similar..Then turn off any access.. Most have some sort of message that will come over your chat.

Try a bikini and go to the beach,grab a beach towel or lounge chair AND JUST WAIT..

I was in tears cracking up this one time.. This guy must have clicked my bikini like 50 times.. He must have thought he was clicking or doing something wrong,because he just wouldn't give up..

My chat was flooded with his effort and determination..

:ph34r:

goes to the marketplace to look for some clickable boxer shorts, just to see how that works out ...............................

• Haha 4

The things I learn. Colors of crosshairs? Who knew? I totally forgot about the whole crosshairs thing. And apparently there's a gadget that gives you color-coded up to the minute reports? My method of wandering around SL must be so primitive. And this thread about underwear, who knew it would be so interesting? I seem to be in the minority of just alpha-ing out everything, then again I'm generally not dressing then disrobing for the amusement of others. Doing a seductive striptease to 3/4 of the body being gone might lose something in the translation.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.