Lipstick outlines on mesh heads

Seicher Rae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just bought a new mesh head (I have a few). I'm tweaking it and trying skins. I just took this photo. In it is a problem I've had will all of my heads: AK and Lelutka. I have it with skins made for the head, with Omega appliers, specific lipsticks or lipsticks that come with the head. The problem is either one or both of the lips always has the lipstick color outside of the obvious lip line. In the photo this is noticeable on the upper lip. Yes, I tweak the lip fullness down because I don't like the hit-in-the-mouth-with-a-two-by-four look, but shouldn't the makeup that comes with the head adjust with the head? Any tips on how not to have this happen other than have no lipstick on? (This head is Lelutka fwiw.)

SR lelutka 11.12.19_001.jpg

1. Take off the lipstick and check that it's not the lips that are on the skin itself. (You would be surprised how many skin creators don't follow the actual lip line of the head's map.)

2. Try editing the lip shape on your head. Does the outline issue go away if the lips are thicker? Fuller? (Many lipstick creators assume full lips and the outline could be based on that. As a man who sometimes wears lipstick in SL I'm more aware of this than most!)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

1. Take off the lipstick and check that it's not the lips that are on the skin itself. (You would be surprised how many skin creators don't follow the actual lip line of the head's map.)

2. Try editing the lip shape on your head. Does the outline issue go away if the lips are thicker? Fuller? (Many lipstick creators assume full lips and the outline could be based on that. As a man who sometimes wears lipstick in SL I'm more aware of this than most!)

I am hoping it isn't an either/or situation, in that either I make my lips fuller than I want/like/find aesthetically appealing or I learn to live with old lady lipstick drawn outside the lines. I'm not inworld now but will heed your suggestions.

Edited by Seicher Rae

An hour later and after quite a bit of fussing, I:

1. Plumped up the lips a tad and the lipstick outline remained.
  2. Removed the lipstick by using "clear" on the Lelutka HUD. This left me with the skin's lips, which looked just fine.
  3. Went back to the head's HUD and tried the lipstick again. Got the outline again. Cleared it again.
  4. Reapplied the skin.
  5. Went back to the head's HUD and tried the lipstick again. NO OUTLINE.

What the ... ?

I don't know why reapplying the skin seems to work, at least this time, but it did. I would chalk it up to the Lelutka heads BUT I've had the same problem with AK heads and Omega appliers and...

I dunno. It's magic I guess.

7 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

This.

Some people who follow my look close enough my note that I am using a different brand of skin than I had been for the past few years. This is because the old brand put my 'personal bits' up in front of me about where a man's "third leg" is...

I had originally switched to that brand because the one I had used before placed the nipples the same way people play 'pin the tail on the donkey' with equivalent results...

And I had chosen that brand because the brand I had before it placed the female bits in such a way that it appeared as if I had had severe need of some 'Depends' right about 1 minute before anyone viewed me from behind when I was wearing a bikini...

About half the skins I've worn from assorted brands have placed the belly button basically anywhere they liked. I'm strongly suspecting the next skin I try will locate it inside the ear...

UV maps... who needs em...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.