No Payment Info On File - why?

MKxMKopernik

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

You could always submit a support case to ask Linden Lab.  Years ago, my alt had the same issue and they cleared it up within hours.  As Alwin says, though, LL rarely accepts a debit card, so I wouldn't be surprised to see you having strange issues with one, even if it appears to work for some things.  I suggest getting a real credit card or using PayPal.

20 hours ago, MKxMKopernik said:

it is a debit card, but what a diference? I can use it and buy lindens or land. I wonder why i have this  "No Payment Info On File" in my profile and simm discrimination see me as avi without addet card. Thank you for your help :), but i dont think it is a rason.

1) Have you actually purchased Linden Dollars with it through the exchange? If yes then submit a ticket and ask them to fix it. As long as it is a true credit or debit card and not a "refillable prepay" type card.

42 minutes ago, MKxMKopernik said:

OK, i add also PayPal and still my avi has 'no payment..' It is card to my bank account, just debit form, it means i have ot cash on my account. Normal visa card.

If you use PayPal (I do) you need to be sure it is linked with your bank account. I recommend creating a "Hobby" account (a second account) at your bank, a checking account and linking your PayPal to that account and only keep enough money in it for your hobby or "discretionary spending". Once your PayPal account is linked to your bank account, then after (maybe a week or so) you buy some L$ with it your status should update in your profile.

There are a couple status: No payment info on file means you have not linked your account permanently with a credit card or if you use PayPal it is not linked to your bank and you have never purchased L$ though the exchange (and there may be a minimum amount to purchase, I'm not sure). Payment Info Used is if a card or PayPal is linked and you've purchased L$ then unliked that payment info, or if your PayPal is not linked to your bank account.

IMPORTANT: What I explain above are my *understanding* I am not saying this is all definitely true. I am saying this is how I *understand* the way it works.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.