Jump to content
  • 0
MKxMKopernik

No Payment Info On File - why?

Question

Hi. A few months ago i was add Visa card to my account. Into my profile still exist 'No Payment Info On File'. For this reason i can't visiting some sims.

What should i do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
1 minute ago, MKxMKopernik said:

Hi. A few months ago i was add Visa card to my account. Into my profile still exist 'No Payment Info On File'. For this reason i can't visiting some sims.

What should i do?

check if your card is a real (VISA) Credit card .. most prepaids and debits won't be accepted.
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

it is a debit card, but what a diference? I can use it and buy lindens or land. I wonder why i have this  "No Payment Info On File" in my profile and simm discrimination see me as avi without addet card. Thank you for your help :), but i dont think it is a rason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

You could always submit a support case to ask Linden Lab.  Years ago, my alt had the same issue and they cleared it up within hours.  As Alwin says, though, LL rarely accepts a debit card, so I wouldn't be surprised to see you having strange issues with one, even if it appears to work for some things.  I suggest getting a real credit card or using PayPal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
20 hours ago, MKxMKopernik said:

it is a debit card, but what a diference? I can use it and buy lindens or land. I wonder why i have this  "No Payment Info On File" in my profile and simm discrimination see me as avi without addet card. Thank you for your help :), but i dont think it is a rason.

1) Have you actually purchased Linden Dollars with it through the exchange? If yes then submit a ticket and ask them to fix it. As long as it is a true credit or debit card and not a "refillable prepay" type card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

OK, i add also PayPal and still my avi has 'no payment..' It is card to my bank account, just debit form, it means i have ot cash on my account. Normal visa card.

Edited by MKxMKopernik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
42 minutes ago, MKxMKopernik said:

OK, i add also PayPal and still my avi has 'no payment..' It is card to my bank account, just debit form, it means i have ot cash on my account. Normal visa card.

If you use PayPal (I do) you need to be sure it is linked with your bank account. I recommend creating a "Hobby" account (a second account) at your bank, a checking account and linking your PayPal to that account and only keep enough money in it for your hobby or "discretionary spending". Once your PayPal account is linked to your bank account, then after (maybe a week or so) you buy some L$ with it your status should update in your profile.

There are a couple status: No payment info on file means you have not linked your account permanently with a credit card or if you use PayPal it is not linked to your bank and you have never purchased L$ though the exchange (and there may be a minimum amount to purchase, I'm not sure). Payment Info Used is if a card or PayPal is linked and you've purchased L$ then unliked that payment info, or if your PayPal is not linked to your bank account.

IMPORTANT: What I explain above are my *understanding* I am not saying this is all definitely true. I am saying this is how I *understand* the way it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

PayPal is linked to my account, i paid for link test. I made ticket and waiting for LL reply. TYVM for help.

Edited by MKxMKopernik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
18 minutes ago, MKxMKopernik said:

PayPal is linked to my account, i paid for link test. I made ticket and waiting for LL reply. TYVM for help.

Good luck! And be patient, they *will* get to your ticket. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Did you actually purchase some Linded Dollars with your payment method? The profile won't change until you have done that. It used to, years ago, but now it only changes if you have actually USED your payment info.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...