Yes, again - Texture Organizers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I use many texture organizers. Free and paid ones

For me, the best two ones are not free :

1- Texture and sculpties organizer from IOL https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/IOL-Texture-Organizer-Sculpty-Support-50-Folders/641721

2- Texture and Sculpt Organizer V2 from Kinex https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/KinEx-Texture-and-Sculpt-Organizer-V2/775098

• Like 1

I use Windows and OpenOffice.

I'm seriously not going to try using the relatively crude tools we can have inworld to keep track of all those textures. So it's local copies of everything that is even remotely interesting and a big spreadsheet with all the info I need/want to have for each.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

I'm seriously not going to try using the relatively crude tools we can have inworld to keep track of all those textures. So it's local copies of everything that is even remotely interesting and a big spreadsheet with all the info I need/want to have for each.

That's a good point, but could get very expensive when uploading, as those crude tools are designed for textures already paid-for and in-world that you will be applying to in-world objects. The only prupose of having an offline texture management anything is for offline use of those textures. And even when you export your 3D models for upload into SL, you still have to upload those textures. Though, if you make enough L$ to always upload those you need ad-hoc, then sure. 

26 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

That's a good point, but could get very expensive when uploading,

I do keep inworld copies to use. The local copies are just for reference, allowing me to see all textures in a category at a glance and without having to wait for ages for them to load.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, ChinRey said:

I have everything organised on my hard drive, too. I rarely use my SL purchased textures "as is" in world, they all end up being edited in Photoshop, becoming part of new textures for clothing or builds. I don't go all out with a spreadsheet to organise them but they are in folders by type of texture, with descriptive names and it is pretty easy to find what I need. I still keep them in my inventory and it is very easy to find the in world version of a texture just by searching for the name.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

I have everything organised on my hard drive, too.

I still keep them in my inventory and it is very easy to find the in world version of a texture just by searching for the name.

Yes but that's not an option when you have tens of thousands of textures. You can't keep all of those loose in your inventory. So I box them up and use Bel's Inventory List to generate content lists to paste into the spreadsheet.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.