Frank's place closing Nov 23th

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1198 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Copied from the  group notices.

Franks Elite Jazz - Our Member's Exclusive destination of the Franks Entertainment Group. 
FEG Closing Nov. 24, 2019
Until then Memberships are reduced to L$50. 
Thank you for the memories,
Nanceee Sinatra
For more information, check Notices for Closure.

In the attached NC, Nanceee Sinatra explains that she's getting married IRL, that's the  reason behind the closure of all of Frank's related venues.

Edited by Amelia Mitchell
  • Like 3

I agree with Jules.  I haven't been to Frank's in a long time; I was protesting their policies by withholding my checkbook.  But they were one of the first ballrooms I ever experienced in SL, and, to my mind, one of the best ones in terms of build quality and dances provided.  Another historical landmark we must say farewell to.

• Like 8

This makes me sad.  Even though I haven't been in ages - I don't do couples dancing in SL anymore - it was one of the first ballrooms I ever went to in SL.  After I returned from my long hiatus, I was glad to see that it was still around.  I had many fun evenings there - lots of great memories.  

• Like 4

I do wish the owner all the best in the world, in all worlds, and offer my thanks for all the memories offered anyone and everyone that has ever made memories there.

Though I did really like the place, and enjoyed many memories there too. I'm a bit disturbed they want to reel in as many people as they can for the next little bit, despite knowing they're closing, and already paid up.  That doesn't scream "thanks for the memories" it screams "maybe we can get a little bit more money out of them, and bring in more people".  It's just a weird (to me) way to say "thanks for helping us keep the place alive for all these years". 

I think maybe I'm feeling too cynical or people today, now :( 

I am sure someone will come along to try and keep the place going, it has been well loved for a long time. If not that place, maybe someone will open a new place that follows suit. You just never know. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I went with my partner last Saturday evening to Bogarts, still not  knowing about its next closure.(I usually have  group notices disabled) We don't go much to ballrooms, prefering the rock, soul  or adult clubs, anyway, it feels sad to see one of the most relevant places of SL go, even if it's for a happy reason in Nanceee's RL. Anyhow, I wish her all the best

Edited by Amelia Mitchell
typos
  • Like 3

That is too bad. Like many others here, I have not been there in a long, long time, but I used to go there quite often, and really enjoyed it. The staff was friendly and polite (very old-fashioned, but I liked that). What I really loved was that I went there with my alt, another girl, and even though it was very traditional in so many ways, I never experienced anything but courtesy there from the staff, and never heard a peep from any of the str8 clientele. It was always a very positive experience, other than there not being any real girls wanting to dance with me. :)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LeoSylvain said:

SL will close soon.  We have less people. Empty places. And popular places like this one is closing.  This is life. We born then we died.

No, SL will not close soon. We had popular places that closed way before and - look! SL is still around. The reason why this one here gets its own thread and so much attention is, because with its 13 years its been the exception from the rule. Any venue that exists for more than a year in SL can call itself well-established. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Syo Emerald said:

No, SL will not close soon. We had popular places that closed way before and - look! SL is still around. The reason why this one here gets its own thread and so much attention is, because with its 13 years its been the exception from the rule. Any venue that exists for more than a year in SL can call itself well-established. 

Like the one my man plays at. It's been in world for over 12 years.

• Like 1

Franks Place has been around since the beginning; an institution. Franks Elite Jazz, "Franks Elite Jazz" is not "Frank's Place." 

"Frank's" has expanded over the years (I'm not so sure they should have) . and now they are trimming the fat. Good riddance. Cut the extra fat and focus on the basics, long live Frank's Place proper.

15 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Franks Place has been around since the beginning; an institution. Franks Elite Jazz, "Franks Elite Jazz" is not "Frank's Place." 

"Frank's" has expanded over the years (I'm not so sure they should have) . and now they are trimming the fat. Good riddance. Cut the extra fat and focus on the basics, long live Frank's Place proper.

Yep, but they decided to close all of the venues instead, as the notice says.

"Franks Entertainment Group will be closing it's doors.  This includes, Franks Jazz, Franks Elite, Bogarts, Chateau d' Elite Restaurant, The Galleria. "

Edited by Cinos Field

25 minutes ago, Cinos Field said:

Yep, but they decided to close all of the venues instead, as the notice says.

"Franks Entertainment Group will be closing it's doors.  This includes, Franks Jazz, Franks Elite, Bogarts, Chateau d' Elite Restaurant, The Galleria. "

Yes, understood. I love how rather than opening the 500L group to free, they, instead, only discount it to 50L. Hurry! Throw away your 50L before you'll lose that privilege and opportunity forever! LOL

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 5

I fondly remember (11 years ago!) pulling up in front of my SLex's house in Arcadia Asylum's Metro Grunge Bus, wearing the biggest ball gown I could find. Once aboard, I drove her across two mostly wooded regions, to Bogarts, where I accidentally killed a tuxedoed pedestrian (he was very gracious) as I pulled up in front of the venue.

I miss romance.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 4
  • Haha 6

image.png.daa6e7a10e2cd762064368313d2d9257.png   I think Charles Dickens best wrote the news of Franks closing in 1859 in A Tale of Two Cities

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1198 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.