gift box that handles no-trans item?

Restless Swords

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

All the items that I make and sell on marketplace are the usual MODIFY-COPY-NOTRANS

- and yes, on Marketplace , a customer can buy something as a gift to be delivered directly to recipient.

Is there anyway that I, as a merchant, can have an item in a gift-box that is sold to a customer who then gives it to recipient?

- for customer to give to recipient the gift-box must be TRANS and I believe that means its content must be TRANS

- I want final recipient item to be COPY, but don't want it to also be TRANS, but I cannot find a way to achieve this

I wonder if it is possible, since aren't there gift cards and other things in SL that work like that?

• 2 weeks later...

You could use an updater script in the gift box.

Gift box gets rezzed, e-mails the server and the server delivers the actual gift to whoever rezzes it, then poofs. One rez, one use then it dies.

That way your gift box can be "No copy - Yes Transfer" and whoever rezzes it will get the item delivered from the server directly to their inventory so the item itself can be whatever perms you set. You'd only run into problems if the gifter decided to rez the box themselves but that would be their own fault. Just expect that it will happen so be ready to explain nicely "You should have read the note card.".

4 hours ago, Artorius Constantine said:

You could use an updater script in the gift box.

This.

And it costs nothing to set this up @Restless Swordshttps://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/RCX-Product-Update-Server-Full-Perm-Scripts/9955058

Though you will want to add an LLDie command to the script after a 5 second timer or something so that the transferable gift box cannot be passed around willy-nilly throughout the SL underground. Because this system is full-permissions, you can do that, too.

You're welcome.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.