Media plugin failure

Owvin Kawanishi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I tried to bring up in-viewer help in the Second Life viewer, it caused the following message:

"The following Media Plugin has failed:

media_plugin_cef

Please re-install the plugin or contact the vendor if you continue to experience problems."

Here are the specifications of my computer that I use.

How do I correct that detestable error, really?

mediapluginfailure-media_plugin_cef.png

computerspecs.png

5 answers to this question

On 11/12/2019 at 10:15 AM, Nalates Urriah said:

On an aside... the computer info we need can be found in the viewer's HELP->About... That source provides the driver versions info we need to figure out problems.

im having the same issue but with a macbook air. i had the older verison, uninstalled that but now i have reinstalled the most " Current version " and it is giving me the same problem. what should i do? EDIT: i remember having to use something called phoenix  ?? 

Edited by MaverickShamus
realisation and memorisation

Mav, you may be thinking of the Firestorm viewer, which was developed based on the now defunct Emerald viewer.  Because it "arose from the ashes", it's also known as the "Phoenix Firestorm viewer".  Certainly downloading it and trying it can't hurt.  It's always a good idea to have more than one viewer, to assist with troubleshooting.

17 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Mav, you may be thinking of the Firestorm viewer, which was developed based on the now defunct Emerald viewer.  Because it "arose from the ashes", it's also known as the "Phoenix Firestorm viewer".  Certainly downloading it and trying it can't hurt.  It's always a good idea to have more than one viewer, to assist with troubleshooting.

do you have a discord that we can use to chat personally so i can go over my issues with you step by step ? if there isn't a DM function here that im not aware of. 

Edited by MaverickShamus
Spacing for noticability

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.