You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 336 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's take a look at what you tagged this post with, shall we?

Experience, as others have said. Try being a female in SL for a while, it can be a constant "Hi. ... You want to have slex?" Also, ya just might want to look at your name? "Krave4it"? That has se

Nobody said its exactly the same thing, but now both have a similarity: Women getting told to shut up, because a man is annoyed. 

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Krave4it said:

I often wonder why do so many women think immediately about sex when you say

I was not saying I know what women are thinking. Iam as a man wondering why woman do think It's about sex when I just say Hi ?

Experience, as others have said. Try being a female in SL for a while, it can be a constant "Hi. ... You want to have slex?"

Also, ya just might want to look at your name? "Krave4it"? That has sexual overtones right there. 

If all you are doing is saying "Hi" and staring, yeah, that's annoying and creepy, dude. There was just a long thread about that here. You want to have a conversation? Then start a conversation, with something more than "Hi" and silence.

Also this is a bit of a troll post, and you seem to have quite a bit of anger towards women. 

• Like 15
1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

It is not really sex but the immediate thought is usually "*****, what does he want."

THIS! ^^^^^^^

Most ask for sex or are headed in that direction. My way of dealing with it is as follows...

[01:33] Rustam (rustam.serenity): hi
[01:34] (Me): ?
[01:34] Rustam (rustam.serenity): how are you?
[01:35] (Me): "37 Single & Looking" lol
[01:35] (Me): is that what you want?
[01:35] Rustam (rustam.serenity): 39 now 1f609.png;)
[01:36] Rustam (rustam.serenity): and Single 1f609.png;)
[01:36] (Me): Try there https://community.secondlife.com/…/317-lifestyles-and-rela…/
[01:37] (Me): https://community.secondlife.com/…/444558-friends-and-dati…/ she seems nice 1f642.png

(Sorry for calling you out dude)

I have a bookmark saved for just such an occasion lol. In my profile, if you men read it :P , it says I'm not looking or am interested in either a romantic or sexual relationship. Unfortunately some in SL, don't care. I changed my avatar to look more chibi and stopped going to clubs or big events because of that. It gets very annoying. At least that has been My experience with the "Hi How are you?" intro.

• Like 6
45 minutes ago, Krave4it said:

I think of it more as close minded women to think its more than a simple Hi...and much less experienced in men"s thought process and experience.

My first day on SL:
"Hey, show me your t.i.t.s."

Experience.

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
(Attempt to circumvent the forum's censor bot)
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, Krave4it said:

I think of it more as close minded women to think its more than a simple Hi...and much less experienced in men"s thought process and experience.

Wouldn't it be natural for women to not have much experience with men's thought processes and experiences, as those belong to... men?

All people work first from their own experiences. If a woman here experiences a lot of "Hi, how are you?" come-ons from men that quickly lead to expectations of sex, it's reasonable for her to think that this is common male behavior. You, of course, won't have that woman's SL experience as you're not that woman. My experience with men greeting me in SL has been largely positive and I'm therefor generally happy to strike up a conversation. By the commutative process of supposition, may I conclude that you are close minded?

From what I've experienced of you so far, I suspect the experiences that inform your opinion might be inevitable. Perhaps you have a natural ability to select women who'll draw the conclusion that bugs you? I'm reminded of an old curse... "May you excel at something you hate."

• Like 6
22 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

My first day on SL:
"Hey, show me your t.i.t.s."

Experience.

I can see with that kind of comment how you could be reluctant to say Hi to a male figure and not think twice about it just being Hi !....but may I remind you that I simply said Hi to some women ...and never followed up with a idiot remark such as the one you've gotten...I'm sorry for you having to have a comment like that thrown at you.

2 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Wouldn't it be natural for women to not have much experience with men's thought processes and experiences, as those belong to... men?

All people work first from their own experiences. If a woman here experiences a lot of "Hi, how are you?" come-ons from men that quickly lead to expectations of sex, it's reasonable for her to think that this is common male behavior. You, of course, won't have that woman's SL experience as you're not that woman. My experience with men greeting me in SL has been largely positive and I'm therefor generally happy to strike up a conversation. By the commutative process of supposition, may I conclude that you are close minded?

From what I've experienced of you so far, I suspect the experiences that inform your opinion might be inevitable. Perhaps you have a natural ability to select women who'll draw the conclusion that bugs you? I'm reminded of an old curse... "May you excel at something you hate."

I agree with you 100 percent on not having the experience of witch some women here in sl have had and are still having. I wouldn't say that I am close minded at all..if I were close minded I wouldn't of struck up this thought of mine..not because I don't believe that woman have it harder here than men do,cause I know they do ..and it shouldn't happen that way..I was merely stating that it doesn't help for a simple man like me just looking to strike a conversation with no back thoughts to sex. I must say that I am supprised that nobody has asked if I was with my partner on these occasions and have assumed I was alone !!!

6 minutes ago, Krave4it said:

it doesn't help for a simple man like me just looking to strike a conversation with no back thoughts to sex.

Having seen here that "Hi, how are you?" introductions raise red flags for some women, try a different way of breaking the ice. If a substantial fraction of the women here suspect that a substantial fraction of men are approaching them for sex, you must make it clear that's not your intent right from the start. Taking sex off the table will help, but still won't guarantee success. Observe something about the person you wish to greet or the place where you are that's not sexual in nature, but might be interesting enough to deserve a response. You may not succeed, but you'll fail less often.

If you were to see me in-world in my Li'l Devil avatar, and asked "Are you planning trouble?" I'd be happy to share my thoughts and perhaps solicit nefarious advice from you.

• Like 5
39 minutes ago, Krave4it said:

I must say that I am supprised that nobody has asked if I was with my partner on these occasions and have assumed I was alone !!!

In SL, it doesn't matter.  There are many partnered men, sitting and cuddling with their partner, that will still hit on another woman in IM.

By the way, what exactly is the IT that you are Kraving 4?  Or is the name to imply that others should crave for you?

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

In SL, it doesn't matter.  There are many partnered men, sitting and cuddling with their partner, that will still hit on another woman in IM.

By the way, what exactly is the IT that you are Kraving 4?  Or is the name to imply that others should crave for you?

When my friend asked me to join sl ..he said once you join ..you will crave for it more...silly thought came to my mind as I was choosing a name..that's how I came up with Krave4it...I tried Krave4it simply with that thought in mind...smiles..thanks for asking..it was kind of you to want to know the definition behind the name.

Just now, Krave4it said:

When my friend asked me to join sl ..he said once you join ..you will crave for it more...silly thought came to my mind as I was choosing a name..that's how I came up with Krave4it...I tried Krave4it simply with that thought in mind...smiles..thanks for asking..it was kind of you to want to know the definition behind the name.

and believe me I wish I could go back and change it.....I use Krave...not Krave4it anymore...smiles

15 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

18 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I do have to admit to your saying ..on it doesn't matter if I was with my partner or not...but it matters to me ..cause I have the most respect for my partner and would never do such a thing...call me old fashion I guess

35 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Having seen here that "Hi, how are you?" introductions raise red flags for some women, try a different way of breaking the ice. If a substantial fraction of the women here suspect that a substantial fraction of men are approaching them for sex, you must make it clear that's not your intent right from the start. Taking sex off the table will help, but still won't guarantee success. Observe something about the person you wish to greet or the place where you are that's not sexual in nature, but might be interesting enough to deserve a response. You may not succeed, but you'll fail less often.

If you were to see me in-world in my Li'l Devil avatar, and asked "Are you planning trouble?" I'd be happy to share my thoughts and perhaps solicit nefarious advice from you.

May I ask you something seriously here...if you meet someone in sl...do you start your conversation with ...Hi im not after you for sex but I simply wanted to start a simple get to know you conversatios ?

1 minute ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

The thought probably isn't so much "sex" as "oh no, not again".

yes ..I can imagine that...smiles...that's where I find it hard to chat with people here in sl...I like chatting and getting to know people from all around the world and especially the different culture 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 336 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.