Odd thing with Maitreya Lara body

AnnHerrick

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have the Maitreya Lara body and there is something that happens with it all the time I find odd. I'll TP back from somewhere to my house and get a notice that my hands are being sent back to me. I still have my hands on, but they are often being sent back to me anyway. I had a collection of copies of my hands in inventory before I just stopped accepting them, the boxes were stacking up in there. Does anyone know why this happens? It's kinda weird.

I have never heard of such a thing.  That is very odd.  I have had things detach during TP's; that parts not new.  Usually from having too many things stacked on one attachment point.  However things detached like that just stay in inventory.  I have never had anything returned.  This sounds like something is causing your attachments (in this case hands) to be dropped, not just detached.

I wish I had answers but I have are curious questions of my own :(

The first thing I would suggest is to check the contents of the outfit(s) that you're wearing when this happens. Do they contain the most up-to-date version of the Lara hands, or are they perhaps older outfits (or partially-older outfits) created before the latest version was issued? Granted, that was a long time ago now, but I recall that - during the last update round for Lara - people were told to detach and re-attach their body so that the redelivery system could register it was an older version and then send the new version to them.

I think the latest Lara version is v4.1, so check the version of the hands you're wearing against the version of the hands you're being sent.

Quite why this is happening during teleports is a bit of a mystery. It could be that you have too many items attached to one of the hand points ('left hand' is a very common mesh attachment point for a lot of clothing and accessories) so - when you teleport - the hands are briefly detaching and then re-attaching. Normally they would detach and stay off, but maybe LL have altered some code somewhere during a server roll-out to mitigate the detachment issue; who knows?

I've also noticed a couple of people mention that the TP fail bug (crashes after teleports) is happening to them again. You may be experiencing micro-disconnects, which - while they don't knock you completely out of SL - might be equivalent to detaching and re-attaching items, triggering the Lara redelivery system to send you the new hands. Again, this would only happen if you're wearing older versions.

ETA: If you just updated Firestorm they have added an attachment refresh after teleport, to fix a HUD ghosting issue after TP, so that might also be a cause.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1

Ann, that's the message we get when the vendor bag is attached to us

it could be that the bag is somehow attached to your HUD, and is off-screen so you can't see it. Check by right-click edit on any of your HUDs, then use the mouse wheel to scroll out. Which will show you any object attached off-screen

it the bag is not there, then check the sky above your head, and under the ground below your feet. I have done this sometimes. Wandering round with stuff stuck above my head or under my feet where I can't see it

the other one would be that the bag is somehow set to transparent and you can't see it

Edited by Mollymews
other

Maybe try swapping anything called classic hands in the Maitreya folder for the bento hands i seem to remember on the rare occasion my hand(s) have become detached between log off & in or i've used another body and i've added the classic hand option by mistake it's asked me to accept a classic hands folder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.