anyone know of a sandbox that doesn't clear often?

Rumancekk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We don't have the money right now to buy land so my friends and I had set up a house in a place called Romantic Sands or something, but now we can't get back into it because someone put their house where we were and put a security bot up. Or mayb I'm just banned, idk. Not sure why I would've been tho and it didnt' start until I deleted my house and someone else put a house there.

We wanted to stay here for a while because apparently they don't delete buildings often but I don't know where to go now that isn't a 'clear within a few hours' thing.

Can someone let me know of a place like this?

Typically you RENT land or BUY land. You don't use someone else's land without their permission just because they have left it open. 

There are sometimes small places for new folks that are free. Looking though classifieds might find them. You can rent many places for 50 a week. That is 20 cents USD.   You can also earn money a few places still.  Lots of options, but squatting really isn't your best choice.

1 minute ago, Chic Aeon said:

Typically you RENT land or BUY land. You don't use someone else's land without their permission just because they have left it open. 

There are sometimes small places for new folks that are free. Looking though classifieds might find them. You can rent many places for 50 a week. That is 20 cents USD.   You can also earn money a few places still.  Lots of options, but squatting really isn't your best choice.

sorry I'm really new to SL, I don't quite know the ethics of it yet. I was just wondering if there were some places that would let you do  it for free for a while until we found a place

1 hour ago, Rumancekk said:

sorry I'm really new to SL, I don't quite know the ethics of it yet. I was just wondering if there were some places that would let you do  it for free for a while until we found a place

There probably are but unless someone replies to this post you will need to search them out.  Check the classifieds (always an interesting journey) and ask around.   

MEANWHILE you can certainly enjoy most of Second Life without a house. There are hundreds of gorgeous sims that you can visit and hang out in. Really no need to put down roots immediately. Watch the forums and the classifieds for good deals on rent. I have seen places as low as 5 linden a week -- and as I say sometime you CAN find free spots. That is NOT the NORM however :D. Good luck.

On 11/10/2019 at 6:28 PM, Rumancekk said:

We don't have the money right now to buy land so my friends and I had set up a house in a place called Romantic Sands or something, but now we can't get back into it because someone put their house where we were and put a security bot up. Or mayb I'm just banned, idk. Not sure why I would've been tho and it didnt' start until I deleted my house and someone else put a house there.

We wanted to stay here for a while because apparently they don't delete buildings often but I don't know where to go now that isn't a 'clear within a few hours' thing.

Can someone let me know of a place like this?

While my new development is under construction I have a free camping area for a few weeks, anyway, maybe longer. Limit 25 prims.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.