Please Help Me Find This

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/10/2019 at 4:30 PM, Rollercoasterw said:

Hey im looking for my deceased uncles artwork his name was David Lannom anybody know anything we lost everything we had of him if we could retrieve his art we'd be happy to get it in memory of him.

If his last will and testament or the intestacy laws left the "residual" of his state to a person, have that person send evidence to LL and claim rights to his avatar, and get a password reset.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Death_and_other_worries_outside_Second_Life

LL policy implies that the heir must be explicitly named, but RL law is sovereign over LL policy, and your lawyer will not have difficulty tying the residual of the estate to a name.

Edited by Erwin Solo
  • Like 1

The account unless otherwise stated will get deactivated if LL is notified. Otherwise it remains untouched as if the person just decided to stop logging in. I personally bypassed the red tape and the person who gets my account which is my SL wife who is Ĵαđεη Kεяαиg (jaden.beaumont) already has all of my credentials she will need for that account. She is more then welcome to all my crap. lol ;)

I was originally going to say in the case of David Lannom I can offer up a legal way to gain access to the account credentials if the family member in question inherited his actual computer. If he logged his dashboard from his browser then they would in fact be stored there. However I did look in search and if that is the avatar name and not the display name then it looks to me as if this account did get deactivated sadly. I am very sorry for your loss. :(

One can only hope he passed on some full perm versions of his works to friends who would be willing to share them. I really do hope you find them and wish you all the best of luck in locating his art. On behalf of my family and I, all our hopes and prayers are with you and yours. 😇

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.